New Cross River!!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ In short No, it will not work in a community tank... this puffer, along with most puffer do not tolerate tankmates, although yes there are exceptions but rarely does it work out long term and you wouldn't want to risk a whole tank of fish to find out...

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
paintballingajs;4035835; said:
I have him in a thank with 3 CL, 2 angels, 2 green severums and a school of neon tetras. everything has been going good for a month now!
i have been watching him in that crammed overstocked comm tank with those plecs at tropical treasures for a long time, so it is good to know that he is at a good home now :)

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
paintballingajs;4035865; said:
I actually got him at pets inc not tropical treasures... I never saw one at TT...?
oops meant pets inc not sure why i did that :nilly:

paintballingajs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
ben_mbu;4082816; said:
that is a cross river for sure. i dont know what pufferpunk has been smoking..lol
lol thanks dude, well the first picture he is still unstable now he is super light green and red. Saw him puff up the other day i was trying to get my phone out to snap a pic but he deflated quick.

The1and only

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
San Diego
The puffing is cool but you might want to try and figure out why he is doing it. I came back from a 4 day vacation to find my MBU puffed and swimming slowly. I don't know how long he was like that but he did not survive very long at all. My porcupine puffer only puffed twice. Once was when he ate a hermit crab that was dead. I was going for the net to fish it out and he got to it first. Once swallowed he instantly puffed and spit it out. It took a day or so for him to return to normal. The second time I came home from work to find him puffed in his tank dead. It does look very cool when they puff but in my experience it has never ended well when they do.

paintballingajs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
The1and only;4087950; said:
The puffing is cool but you might want to try and figure out why he is doing it. I came back from a 4 day vacation to find my MBU puffed and swimming slowly. I don't know how long he was like that but he did not survive very long at all. My porcupine puffer only puffed twice. Once was when he ate a hermit crab that was dead. I was going for the net to fish it out and he got to it first. Once swallowed he instantly puffed and spit it out. It took a day or so for him to return to normal. The second time I came home from work to find him puffed in his tank dead. It does look very cool when they puff but in my experience it has never ended well when they do.
I read somewhere they do it every so often to stretch their skin. Because if they never inflated and all of a sudden did one day it can tear keeps the skin elastic. He has only done it once and 4 months apart between the two.

muskkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
In the fog
Nice puffer and fair price too ! I been offered a few CRP's in the past the prices were 3" 200.00 us and 4" 250.00 us and 6" 350.00 us in the Bay area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store