New Cross River!!

Mpaji

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2010
San Diego CA
Your fish looks like the larger fresh water puffers. I have one and he lives with any fish that is bigger than him that is not a bottom or a slow moving fish. Puffers are agressive. They are sneaking fish that bite on the fins of fish when the other fish is not looking. The fish is funny. My puffer loves to eat snails.

rubikmoves

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
DFW, TX
I've heard of these large puffers burrowing in the substrate, but had never seen a pic of it. Pretty awesome!! Good call on the pool filter sand, I'm gonna look into that for my tanks.

Noa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2010
Michigan
My Fahaka will bury down in the sand kinda often, it seems like he does it more after he eats.

Kaity

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2010
Seattle
I have a Fahakah whom I keep with a Arowana, a Niger Cat, a BGK, a Elephant Nose, a Datnoid and some other randoms and he does great and has for the longest time. However I tried some polypterus and he destroyed them. Three of them to be exact all on different occasions. I will never try that again.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Isn't it weird how sometimes they can allow many tank mates & then pick one he hates & destroy it? I had a EBJD that grew up in my fahaka's tank from a 1" baby & then one day he just went postal on it. Didn't make it...

lok711

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
UK
I have a cross river puffer too. I kept all different fish with him. Even fly river turtle. Only problem I had is Pleco, he like fin nip my pleco. Especially my L25 lol!!!

johnny1234

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2008
vancouver
Kolewolf;3804910; said:
IMO this is a CRP. Whether the CRP is a variant of the Fahaka or not is immaterial. This is a good example of what is considered a Cross River Puffer. Nice find!!
good call kole

Cheetos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
The Netherlands
Yow man thats definitly a Tetraodon Pustulatus also known as a cross river puffer.. They come from Afrika Around Kameroen and Nigeria in the Cross River.. They actions are similar to a Fahaka.. Nice Fish Dude..!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store