New Face

Festae_Gazz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2021
Brisbane, Australia.
Nice they're great quality fish!

Definently a female.

Going to need a nice male to handle her by the sounds of it.

I think they can start breeding at 4", though some say it slows they're growth rate down. Most likely due to expending energy for that or just too busy and not eating.

It's going to be a mission for me pairing up a small female with my big male. I'm hoping for an aggressive female otherwise she's not going to last unless I use a divider.

You should start a grow out thread. Update pics would be nice. Yours are definently much bigger and better coloured than mine!
I'm not 100% but I have heard of Smith's Aquarium doing postage but not sure if it was live goods or not. Worth a call though when they get festae back in stock (should have them again in a few weeks) if you don't call them I can let you know when they're in stock and if they don't post then I'm sure we can work something out if you happen to want more.... The quality is outstanding. They've had that bright red on them since they were 5cm, I'd love to see the parents.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Welcome to the introvert's socially less stressful hang out :ROFL:

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Hello All, my name's Gazz I'm from Brisbane, Australia.

Thought I'd introduce myself.
So I have a deep appreciation for Festae and a sneaky love of Cubans. I currently have 5 juvie festae growing out in an 82 gallon tank (in the hopes that I can obtain a pair naturally) once a pair is established I will then move them to a 200 gallon tank where they will be on their own. And move the remaining festae on to other keepers in my area (hopefully)

I also I have a young Cuban Pair in a 200 litre 4 foot and once they've put on some size I will move them into the 82 gallon (310 litre).

I did have some Black Nasties but was not successful in raising them unfortunately.

Anyway I hope to get to know a bit about all of you here over time, thanks for having me here.... I got tired of lurking pages via Google search.

Cheers Gazz.
Welcome to the family Gazz, I saw your festae and they’re beautiful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store