New Family Member/ Name Suggestions

Blackdragon9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hi all! I recently got this cutie yesterday (Fahaka 2"). Drip acclimated him into a 75 with a 210 on standby. The 75 has an fx6 and the 210 has a wet-dry sump and fx6 working in concert.

Food wise my 75 has tiny snails everywhere that he immediately started eating. I also have 50 ghost shrimp that i added to keep him occupied Any suggestions on decorations or foods that i should be introducing?

I purchased Prazipro for internal parasite treatment (preventive treatment), but am waiting for him to get acclimated to the new environment for at least 48 hours. Anything else i should be doing? Also any name Suggestions? Thanks!

20190530_211254.jpg

20190530_191513.jpg

Reactions: DMD123

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Good start as far as food goes...

As he grows you can introduce more food items to him including but not limited to a good quality pellet food / night crawlers / clams / mussels / crays / crab legs / scallops / prawns etc...

As for decoration, plants that are tough would be a good start such as anubias, coz you’ll need to see if your puffer is an avid gardener or not...

I find making caves out of driftwood gives them nice places to hide while keeping the tank look more natural, although honestly any decor that doesnt have sharp edges and is aquarium safe is good to go as long as you like it ;)

Reactions: Blackdragon9

Blackdragon9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks
Good start as far as food goes...

As he grows you can introduce more food items to him including but not limited to a good quality pellet food / night crawlers / clams / mussels / crays / crab legs / scallops / prawns etc...

As for decoration, plants that are tough would be a good start such as anubias, coz you’ll need to see if your puffer is an avid gardener or not...

I find making caves out of driftwood gives them nice places to hide while keeping the tank look more natural, although honestly any decor that doesnt have sharp edges and is aquarium safe is good to go as long as you like it ;)
Thanks Fat Homer, he's still not eating anything except the small snails in the tank. He kind of just lays around and has been ignoring the ghost shrimp. Im doing 25% wc every other day and removing food as soon as it's refused.

Starting to get a lottle concerned but i suppose i can keep trying to offer freeze dried krill soaked in garlic every few days...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The trick is definitely not to give up and sometimes try enticing them to eat / try new foods by waving the food in front of them using tweezers or a big of string...

Although if hes still extremely small still (less than 2”), you may just need to wait till hes a little more settled and puts on a bit more size before he accepts other foods or wants to try them...

Blackdragon9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks Fat Homer, as strange as this is I was actually excited to see poop today. Seems to be normal and that means he's eating something....

20190605_204239.jpg

20190605_204232.jpg

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
That is indeed a nice looking healthy poop ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store