New Fire

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
IMG_8293.JPG IMG_8294.JPG IMG_8382.JPG IMG_8402.JPG IMG_8404.JPG Well my girlfriend said it best "you're a firefighter you need a fire fish" so I couldn't resist it and found a good deal and picked up a fire Eel. Cute little beast! So far he's the most active of all the eels I've had and seems to get along with everyone else in the tank. About 8.5" right now and seems to have settled in nicely

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Very nice addition. He's a little on the thin side, but I think they all start off that way. One of mine started much worse.

They are a lot of fine to have and can be really personable.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
IMG_8380.JPG IMG_8386.JPG Couple more shots of the new guy. Seems to really like one piece of driftwood in particular and is constantly poking his head out of the end which I think is pretty cute. Still working on fattening him up. Loves his blackworms and krill so I don't think it should be looking thin much longer

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis thanks! Eventually it ate several of the "thinner" worm pieces after a while of snapping at them and sniffing every piece it found. I might try adding some smaller worms to the mix next time instead of doing all giant night crawlers.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis thanks! Eventually it ate several of the "thinner" worm pieces after a while of snapping at them and sniffing every piece it found. I might try adding some smaller worms to the mix next time instead of doing all giant night crawlers.
Yeah, best to get some red wigglers for him. My smaller fire eel is about the same size as yours and that's what I feed him. He did try to eat one of the large night crawlers that was meant for my larger fire eels or catfish.

IMG_2650.JPG IMG_2651.JPG IMG_2652.JPG

He couldn't get past the egg sack and then he got too close to my catfish and one of them snatched it right out of his mouth. He takes the red wigglers with ease, and has been putting down some krill and shrimp. He's really starting to fatten up now.

My larger two fire eels can eat whole night crawlers no problem, along with a bunch of shrimp or krill, all at the same time. Lol. They are complete pigs and will eat just about anything but pellets.

Reactions: Experiment397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store