New Fish room/ 4000gal tank build

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I don't remember how many mils thick it is. But it was the thickest I could find anywhere. It is textile reinforced in the center. I think it will be good, if not, like I said before, I love that Gorilla water proof tape. Lol
Quick question, how are you going to move that 4’ arapaima? Your whole set up got me mind blown ?

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Quick question, how are you going to move that 4’ arapaima? Your whole set up got me mind blown ?
He's been in there for a couple months now. I converted a huge old muskie net with an old trampoline mat to be much deeper and safer. Then as anticipated as soon as I put the net in the tank he ejected himself right by my head over my shoulder onto the floor. Sooo, I just threw a towel over him and trucked him to the garage lol.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
He's been in there for a couple months now. I converted a huge old muskie net with an old trampoline mat to be much deeper and safer. Then as anticipated as soon as I put the net in the tank he ejected himself right by my head over my shoulder onto the floor. Sooo, I just threw a towel over him and trucked him to the garage lol.
I assume there is no documentation of that happening:WHOA::popcorn:

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
I assume there is no documentation of that happening:WHOA::popcorn:
Hahaha. U r correct. But I have multiple eyewitnesses. My buddy who was right next to me tried to catch him. Didn't happen. This was the 3rd time the fish has done this. He did it whenever I had to move rays in the past also. All I have to do is put a net in the water. Auto eject. :nilly::ROFL::clap

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Hahaha. U r correct. But I have multiple eyewitnesses. My buddy who was right next to me tried to catch him. Didn't happen. This was the 3rd time the fish has done this. He did it whenever I had to move rays in the past also. All I have to do is put a net in the water. Auto eject. :nilly::ROFL::clap
Sounds like a 3 person job. 1 person dip a net in the water, and 2 stand out side of the pond with a big tarp to catch it mid flight.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sounds like a 3 person job. 1 person dip a net in the water, and 2 stand out side of the pond with a big tarp to catch it mid flight.
I seriously considered doing that with a bed sheet! Lmao. But the wife would've been the 3rd person, and she wasn't overly excited about helping. ?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Man, I thought that was a rough move. I'm trying to move my big females right now, my biggest just snapped my net clean off as soon as i tried to lift her out of the water.View attachment 1459516
Ya they get super heavy when they cup water inside the net. I usually try to pour out the water with big ones because they can get bruised bellies from being moved in nets. Hard to support that end with a tail frantically whipping around lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store