New flowerhorn 3.5 inches

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Some kind of ZZ strait. Possibly a blue dragon. Maybe its just the viewpoint but it almost looks like a shortbody.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
As far as getting the best of its color. Provide adequate aquarium size, temperature 78 to 82 degrees. Strong filtration at least twice the gallon of the tank. weekly water changes. Avoid super bright lighting. I use natural light from the window. but make sure it does not shine directly on the tank. Feed high quality pellets such as New Life Spectrum, Hikari, Omega one. Please avoid Flowerhorn branded pellets as they are usually overpriced scams that have too much protein and often have hormones even if it does not have it labeled. If you you are going to use a flowerhorn red color enhancer. Don't use it more than twice a week. It can burn the fins and body of the fish. The kok and color of the flowerhorn is mainly from the genes so just provide the care above and remember to treat it like a normal cichlid. That way it will live a long life. ALSO AVOID OVERFEEDING. Honestly if you do need one pellet. New Life Spectrum is the best on the market. Flowerhorn in my opinion live the healthiest lives on just high quality pellets. If you are going to feed anything other don't feed it more than once a week. Flowerhorn achieve the best color with variety. so having 3-5 different quality pellets can make a huge difference.

naznoor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2018
I feed mainly hikari cichlids bio gold + pellets...and sometimes frozen shrimps not more than once a week.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
thanks for your response...i have added another pics... hope this one is better??

View attachment 1343961
Yeah I think he regular bodied. Im sure he is ZZ strain. Other than that its hard to say exactly with the bright blue lighting but he could be a blue dragon. Beautiful fish though. He definitely has a bunch of color and kok potential.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
I feed mainly hikari cichlids bio gold + pellets...and sometimes frozen shrimps not more than once a week.
Hikari bio gold is one of my favorites. Consider adding New life spectrum and omega one for more variety. I also forgot to mention you should feed peas once a week to help clear their digestive system and prevent swim bladder issues or bloat. You have to boil the peas and take off the shell to feed them. Once they are fully grown and you had a vegetable based pellet into his diet such as hikari excel.

naznoor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2018
thanks... I will try to update with some pics each month . thanks for your tips

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
thanks... I will try to update with some pics each month . thanks for your tips
no problem bro. If you check my post I also got a new flowerhorn from petco around the same size as yours. I will also update his growth each month.

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
This looks like a zz magma, make sure does green plants are fake. I see you have the divider, just watch out that he doesn't scratch himself trying to attack the fishes on the other side of the divider. Happy grooming and welcome to flowerhorn keeping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store