New Flowerhorn PT.2 !!!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
So I've heard this term "fireman's dream" being tossed around a bit and even have had ppl confuse my lil lady here for one. What exactly makes a fireman's dream? Does it have to be a specific line of FH's or is it just a specific color combo that ppl are referring to? Btw this is the lil lady that some ppl have confused for a "fireman's dream", she's just a red dragon that happened to get the fader gene. The one pic where there is a red circle around her is from when I first picked her out from amongst all of her siblings, as you can see she changed quite a bit from a juvi to being an adult now.

IMG_20200318_104434.jpg

cameringo_20200227_020956.jpg

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Any idea why my girl would be called one then? I've had atleast a handful of ppl that have called her one in the past before and I was always confused on why that is.
That's one I cannot answer...lol. I got mine from Chris Rounds as he distributes a lot of Wuddy's fish on this side of the pond, and have seen in the past people ask him if other lines of gb's he had available were fd's when they weren't. Lots of nice lines out there. FD's definitely became a trend.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
So I've heard this term "fireman's dream" being tossed around a bit and even have had ppl confuse my lil lady here for one. What exactly makes a fireman's dream? Does it have to be a specific line of FH's or is it just a specific color combo that ppl are referring to? Btw this is the lil lady that some ppl have confused for a "fireman's dream", she's just a red dragon that happened to get the fader gene. The one pic where there is a red circle around her is from when I first picked her out from amongst all of her siblings, as you can see she changed quite a bit from a juvi to being an adult now.

View attachment 1422956

View attachment 1422957
I think bright red and yellow are traits of fireman's dream fish, they are all faders, so just a line by owner. I guess people might have thought that firemans dream means faders.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I think bright red and yellow are traits of fireman's dream fish, they are all faders, so just a line by owner. I guess people might have thought that firemans dream means faders.
Ok well that makes a bit of sense atleast. Lol I'm not much for all the fancy shmancy names. Granted tho I do understand the appeal to it, I mean if I made a completely new line of fish I'd want to give it a name too. Atleast then I'd be known for something unique that no body else to lay claim to making.

Reactions: Ruturaj and Ozzie73

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Ok well that makes a bit of sense atleast. Lol I'm not much for all the fancy shmancy names. Granted tho I do understand the appeal to it, I mean if I made a completely new line of fish I'd want to give it a name too. Atleast then I'd be known for something unique that no body else to lay claim to making.
I feel you on that. I'm racking my brain with my spice rack (fish inventory) downstairs trying to figure something out...lol. I got my veil tails going but still working on the next generation

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I feel you on that. I'm racking my brain with my spice rack (fish inventory) downstairs trying to figure something out...lol. I got my veil tails going but still working on the next generation
I will say that it would be nice to see more veil tail FH's. I think yours is the only one I've even seen before. Lol just don't go too over board with the veil tails tho and turn em into overgrown, roid rage, Bettas haha.

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
I will say that it would be nice to see more veil tail FH's. I think yours is the only one I've even seen before. Lol just don't go too over board with the veil tails tho and turn em into overgrown, roid rage, Bettas haha.
He/she are Red Texas. The one is paired with the Vieja. If those 2 produce I'll further the line with those offspring since they'll have the deeper red in the vault. Finnage has to do with scoring in fh competitions so I likely won't be going that route with the long fins. If an accident happens though so be it...lol

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
He is finally here! As usual, major trouble with shipping. He was 2 days late, almost all of his water leaked from the bag and his water was filthy. He is not hiding, he’s actually exploring the tank a bit. He is aware of me being in front of him which is good. He has some damaged pectoral fins, my question is should I dose salt, Melafix or maybe both? 43DE289A-04D2-42ED-A421-7D12812C0E42.jpeg

D917506A-FBA1-4223-8AAD-4CC795793BA3.jpeg

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store