New food now that fish have grown?

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
May get cichlid pellets from both brands to make a mix to feed
This sounds like a great plan.

Something special happens when NLS is mixed with NF. Both are great quality foods, but when they are mixed together, they provide an excellent "sink rate" in the tank. NLS sinks slower than NF. So, with both of them mixed, fish at different levels in the tank all get some. I don't feed NLS straight-up because too many fish would not get to the surface quick enough. Similar with NF, but the reverse. YMMV

Reactions: MetalRavioli

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
This sounds like a great plan.

Something special happens when NLS is mixed with NF. Both are great quality foods, but when they are mixed together, they provide an excellent "sink rate" in the tank. NLS sinks slower than NF. So, with both of them mixed, fish at different levels in the tank all get some. I don't feed NLS straight-up because too many fish would not get to the surface quick enough. Similar with NF, but the reverse. YMMV
That's very interesting! My cichlids will love that. I'm sure my ctenopoma will also steal some cichlid food, in addition to his carnivore pellets

Reactions: JackEmerson

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
If you are new to NLS, I found the labels to be a little confusing. The cichlid formula only comes in their smaller size (NLS regular). But you can get larger pellets of their other labels , like their standard NLS tropical line. There is very little difference between the cichlid formula and their standard NLS line. So, if you have bigger cichlids, you may want to skip over the official cichlid formula and get their standard line.

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
If you are new to NLS, I found the labels to be a little confusing. The cichlid formula only comes in their smaller size (NLS regular). But you can get larger pellets of their other labels , like their standard NLS tropical line. There is very little difference between the cichlid formula and their standard NLS line. So, if you have bigger cichlids, you may want to skip over the official cichlid formula and get their standard line.
No need, cichlid works for me! All I've got are keyhole cichlids :)
Thank you very much for the information however!

Reactions: JackEmerson

JackEmerson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2022
MetalRavioli MetalRavioli perfect! Once you settle on a new feed routine, let us know what you chose and how your fish are responding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store