New 'hairy' monster in the house

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
So sorry to hear! Sudden losses suck big time :(:(
If you are looking for another puffer then the Tetraodon schoutedini are lovely, albeit expensive. Could keep a few in a tank like that
Im not sure about another puffer... I already have an arrowhead puffer but it is nothing personality wise compared to the hairy puffer. Its kind of hit and miss with these 'lurkers' as to what you get. I happened to have got a very outgoing hairy puff and then a pet rock with the arrowhead. I know schoutedini are said to be a lot more outgoing, maybe one day.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Sorry to hear of the loss of the hairy puffer Dave! I remember when you got him. Glad you got a new one!

I recently lost Darth Vader rather suddenly despite consulting with a wet vet and giving him an antibiotic treatment. ? Had him for seven years and had expected him to live for a few more. Part of the hobby though.

I just got a tiny chocolate cichlid to fill his shoes but no fish will attack me throughthe glass like he did!

Reactions: Deadeye and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Sorry to hear of the loss of the hairy puffer Dave! I remember when you got him. Glad you got a new one!

I recently lost Darth Vader rather suddenly despite consulting with a wet vet and giving him an antibiotic treatment. ? Had him for seven years and had expected him to live for a few more. Part of the hobby though.

I just got a tiny chocolate cichlid to fill his shoes but no fish will attack me throughthe glass like he did!
Sorry to hear. Vader was awesome! My Bumblebee had a weird infection early on and I lost it. Ive thought about replacing it but what they are selling now as “bumblebee” are not what Rapps was selling back in the day. A buddy of mine has a chocolate and they are very awesome looking fish, nice choice.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Sorry to hear. Vader was awesome! My Bumblebee had a weird infection early on and I lost it. Ive thought about replacing it but what they are selling now as “bumblebee” are not what Rapps was selling back in the day. A buddy of mine has a chocolate and they are very awesome looking fish, nice choice.
Thanks! I like the chocolate so far quite personable even at . Tangled up in cichlids now has some wild oscars they are calling bumblebees though they have a different look than ours did. I was thinking of ordering one but have been wanting a chocolate for a while now. Not enough room for both! He is very personable for 3”!

Reactions: Deadeye and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thanks! I like the chocolate so far quite personable even at . Tangled up in cichlids now has some wild oscars they are calling bumblebees though they have a different look than ours did. I was thinking of ordering one but have been wanting a chocolate for a while now. Not enough room for both! He is very personable for 3”!
Yep Rapps was selling astronotus orbicularis and now they are selling astronotus crassipinnis as ‘bumblebee’. While similar looking there was a difference to the look.

I totally feel you about lack of tank space! That’s saying Ive expanded my set up with the 300, two 90’s, two 65B and a 46 bowfront, 30 gallon. lol, still not enough room! Though at the moment Im full up with six Trimacs spread out in my tanks. Should rehome some soon.

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Yep Rapps was selling astronotus orbicularis and now they are selling astronotus crassipinnis as ‘bumblebee’. While similar looking there was a difference to the look.

I totally feel you about lack of tank space! That’s saying Ive expanded my set up with the 300, two 90’s, two 65B and a 46 bowfront, 30 gallon. lol, still not enough room! Though at the moment Im full up with six Trimacs spread out in my tanks. Should rehome some soon.
Wow! That’s a lot. Our Brooklyn apartment can only house so much but my wife is learning about Multi tank syndrome. We added a 24 gallon bowl for her fancy goldfish and now she wants to upgrade the 55 to a 90 so her Flowerhorn will grow bigger ?
The 120 is all mine though so can do what I want. Nice that you have trimacs they are amazing.

Reactions: DMD123 and Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store