New here, I love this site...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for these awesome forums. Second, I'm new here and found this place quite by accident. I have been keeping mbunas for about a year now. I have 6 yellow labs, 1 kenyi, 2 neon jewels, 1 OB Peacock hybrid, and 1 unknown chichlid (he's too small and too shy for an ID pic).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and hi. And here's a couple of shots of some of my mbunas...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
number17Fan;1043794; said:
Welcome, is that real wood?
Yes, it is real wood and all real plants. I tied a couple to the wood with fishing line.

Here's a couple of other shots I took today. The first one is of an unknown (to me) Malawi Mbuna I picked up today. Any hints as to what it is?

The tank bully, Metriclima Lombardio (kenyi)...

One of the kenyi's victims. Notice anything missing where the eyes are suposed to be?

Full shot...

And, some action...

Thanks again for this great forum and thanks for the welcomes. I'm really enjoying my time here so far.:)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
welcome to Mfk.. did you mention that your pleco is missing eyes? The rest of him looks pretty battered up as well.. those africans are picking at him... Some pleco do okay with africans but the majority are too slow for the constant nipping the africans do.. i had to take my common out .. I think yours needs to be out yesterday... he may not make it if you don't move him... he is dying slowly.... instead i added two synodontis and they handle them much better.. great fish and nice set up...but please take your pleco out..

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Welcome to MFK. Nice setup. I like the wood and plants.

Oh yeah....Take Red Devil's advice. She knows what she is talking about.;)

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Welcome to MfK! Nice tank and setup, but I do also agree the pleco needs to go and get some synos =] they are faster they do a good job cleaning and they look pretty nice!!

DJ BIG T

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Orlando , FL
welcome to monster fish..nice looking fish you have..

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Red Devil;1044279; said:
welcome to Mfk.. did you mention that your pleco is missing eyes? The rest of him looks pretty battered up as well.. those africans are picking at him... Some pleco do okay with africans but the majority are too slow for the constant nipping the africans do.. i had to take my common out .. I think yours needs to be out yesterday... he may not make it if you don't move him... he is dying slowly.... instead i added two synodontis and they handle them much better.. great fish and nice set up...but please take your pleco out..

I agree he needs to be out and I'm trying to work something out on that end. He will never be the same as he no longer has eyes though. Thanks for the advice on the synodontis too. I will definately look into that.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store