New here, I love this site...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
mike dunagan;1044574; said:
that unknown is a peacock of sorts... It is in the red coloration... start your search in the aulonocara sp.
Thanks everyone for the compliments. You are correct about the aulonocara. I found out it is a Aulonocara Rubescens (common name: Ruby Red Peacock). It is a Malawi, but not a Mbuna. Mike, thanks for the id help.:)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
terd ferguson;1044678; said:
I agree he needs to be out and I'm trying to work something out on that end. He will never be the same as he no longer has eyes though. Thanks for the advice on the synodontis too. I will definately look into that.:)
No, He will never be the same:( but he could survive and be okay.. he just needs a peace ful tank.. hope you can work it out, u have beautiful africans and hope to see more pics of them.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
bristle nose plecos work well with cichlids... they stay on the small side and are more than able to take care of themselves... and imo they are way more interesting to watch than any other pleco...

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Red Devil;1044685; said:
No, He will never be the same:( but he could survive and be okay.. he just needs a peace ful tank.. hope you can work it out, u have beautiful africans and hope to see more pics of them.
I've got a 10 gallon he's going to go into for now until I can work something else out. I'll put the tetras in there to keep him company. Even with some pretty cool cichlids, he is still kind of my favorite.

I actually took the Kenyi in from my sister-in-law because she was tired of it stressing out her fish. My guy at the fish store told me to bring it in and he'd trade. It'll be better for all the fish in my tank to have something a little less nasty. All he does is chase all day (and butcher my plecos).

Thanks for the compliments and the advice. :thumbsup: I'll try to get some more pictures up soon.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
mike dunagan;1044866; said:
bristle nose plecos work well with cichlids... they stay on the small side and are more than able to take care of themselves... and imo they are way more interesting to watch than any other pleco...
I've been doing some reading and think I've settled on the bristlenose plecos for a replacement. Thanks for the idea. :)

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
terd ferguson;1045432; said:
I've got a 10 gallon he's going to go into for now until I can work something else out. I'll put the tetras in there to keep him company. Even with some pretty cool cichlids, he is still kind of my favorite.

I actually took the Kenyi in from my sister-in-law because she was tired of it stressing out her fish. My guy at the fish store told me to bring it in and he'd trade. It'll be better for all the fish in my tank to have something a little less nasty. All he does is chase all day (and butcher my plecos).

Thanks for the compliments and the advice. :thumbsup: I'll try to get some more pictures up soon.
Thats great.. he would do well on a couple of algae pellets a day to give him something to do as he heals.. and best of luck to you.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
one thing I have heard from people is that when they add the cats they have less spawning... I have not heard that about bristlenose... good choice... ps anyone else see the reduction in spawning with the cats?

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mike dunagan;1046824; said:
one thing I have heard from people is that when they add the cats they have less spawning... I have not heard that about bristlenose... good choice... ps anyone else see the reduction in spawning with the cats?
I have so many babies in my 125gal.. no reduction with my two synodontis that are about 6 inches each

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store