New into the pleco hobby.

kshkong97

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello! I recently just bought a dull eyed royal pleco, It's around 1.5-2 inch. Got it for only $18 USD! Not sure if that's a steal since I've never purchased plecos before.

I can't post a picture of it yet since I'm a new member, so i made it my profile picture lols.

It's currently in a 100 gallon floor tank, how big do these dudes get?
Can't wait to get more of these fancy high quality plecos!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello! I recently just bought a dull eyed royal pleco, It's around 1.5-2 inch. Got it for only $18 USD! Not sure if that's a steal since I've never purchased plecos before.

I can't post a picture of it yet since I'm a new member, so i made it my profile picture lols.

It's currently in a 100 gallon floor tank, how big do these dudes get?
Can't wait to get more of these fancy high quality plecos!

Welcome aboard

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/royal-pleco-id-and-s.441619/#post-5389608

kshkong97

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2019
Thanks! Will be getting another two plecos tomorrow! L18 and L25! Will show the babies here when I get them

Reactions: tlindsey

Nan

Feeder Fish
Feb 18, 2019
can anyone help me with my pleco. the nitrates are high putting in stability to lower them meanwhile he got sick and now i see his top fin is not looking good. I am putting in tetra lifeguard. is there something better to help him faster?

exodus1500

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2013
USA - Ferndale, MI
www.facebook.com
can anyone help me with my pleco. the nitrates are high putting in stability to lower them meanwhile he got sick and now i see his top fin is not looking good. I am putting in tetra lifeguard. is there something better to help him faster?
I think you need to learn about the nitrogen cycle. Stability isn't going to help you get rid of nitrates, you need to do water changes.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
L25 and the royal are gonna get huge, and the royal panaque's a wood eater, so be sure to have some driftwood in there and be ready to clean up his scraps
gold nugget/L18 is only gonna get around 10 inches so he should be fine in the 100
the royal's gonna get like a foot and a half, same with the L25

Reactions: kshkong97

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Post in the fish disease section with water parameters and pics of ur fish. Since ur fish is sick. Include ur tank size, water change schedule, tankamtes etc. Let’s not derail this thread. I see it’s ur first couple of posts.

kshkong97

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2019
L25 and the royal are gonna get huge, and the royal panaque's a wood eater, so be sure to have some driftwood in there and be ready to clean up his scraps
gold nugget/L18 is only gonna get around 10 inches so he should be fine in the 100
the royal's gonna get like a foot and a half, same with the L25

I’ve placed several big driftwoods and bought algae wafers :$
I didn’t managed to get L25, but I got L18 and two other plecos that I need help identifying. Will post later

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store