New Jack Dempsey

stoned_fish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2013
Ont, Canada
I have not seen him poo so im not sure about the color. I just tried digging out a earthworm from the garden and gave it to him. He looked at it and then ignored it. Im hoping RedRaven is correct. Maybee he just needs a little more time to settle in. I dont want to foul the water by adding to much food. Ill try a few nls pellets again later tonight. Ill add a little garlic like suggested.

stoned_fish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2013
Ont, Canada
So far still no luck with the eating. I did see him poo a little lastnight. It seemed normal to me, not white and stringy. I would love to give him some green peas to help with digestion but im sure hes just going to ignore those as well.... im feeling a little helpless in this situation. Hopefully something changes

GaryKY

Feeder Fish
Nov 9, 2017
IMG_20171106_220031.jpg IMG_20171109_212614.jpg I have 2 jacks and trying figure out if I have 2male, 2female, or one of each. I'm thinking I have a male and female but some people have told me I have two female. Can anyone help?

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
View attachment 1283566 View attachment 1283567 I have 2 jacks and trying figure out if I have 2male, 2female, or one of each. I'm thinking I have a male and female but some people have told me I have two female. Can anyone help?
Really you should start you’re own new post, at the top of every subforum is the post new thread button. But top pic looks female, bottom look male to me.

Tyson Dreha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2018
Sydney
Have you seen him poop? If so, is it white or brown? If white, he has parasites which will need to be eliminated.
If brown, I would just try adding some fresh crushed garlic to the water at feeding time, this will stimulate appetite.
Never heard this one before!!

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Ive got a jack with a similar attitude. Hes been the toughest fish to get on pellets. Will only eat earthworms and frozen bloodworms. Also tetras, rainbowfish, dwarf cichlids too. If you find a pellet he will eat I'd love to try it on mine.

Beardogg85

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Got a ? What if the poop is half brown half white. I was at a friends house looking at his fis he has and I seen this. I’ve seen white or brown but not both. Sorry if this got of topic just curious I told him it might have parasites he disagreed what do u think. Or maybe it was a combination of foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store