New Leo x BD Hybrid

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Clearwater, FL/ Janesville, WI
My new male Leo x BD Hybrid from Stingray Biology!

Little guy showed up extremely healthy and lively despite the Wisconsin cold. Took to food within the first few hours of being in his new tank as well. If you're looking for a ray I highly suggest checking them out over at Stingray Biology. Excellent animals and excellent service. Can't wait to see how this little dude develops!

Tank is a 135 gallon I use as a grow out for smaller pups.

Not too sure what the other parent was crossed with. Let know if you think anything shines through!

Screenshot_20171111-154559.png

Screenshot_20171111-154530.png

Snapchat-1956239900.jpg

Screenshot_20171026-131907.png

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
I've seen some like that have some Henlei blood in them. Just a thought. Looks like a keeper!
Interesting. I never would have thought! Here's a pic of him after a week. Eating great (excluding his shrimp. Picky little bigger), and active as all hell. Seems to have lightened up considerably on the light sand. Not sure why some rays seem to do this while others don't. Maybe just getting used to his surroundings?

Snapchat-1202391400.jpg

Reactions: SHARK13

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I'd say the same, definitely henli x bd if anything. Leo i don't believe so. Leos are not far from bd rays other then the spotting. If i was to guess I'd say bd x henli or king henli. Regardless it's a beautiful fish!! Congrats!!

Reactions: Capt_Rick_Dixie

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
I'd say the same, definitely henli x bd if anything. Leo i don't believe so. Leos are not far from bd rays other then the spotting. If i was to guess I'd say bd x henli or king henli. Regardless it's a beautiful fish!! Congrats!!
Thank you very much! I'm very happy with him. I've done plenty of work with wild saltwater rays but there's just something about these guys that draws me in.

Reactions: SHARK13
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store