New LFS opening today in NJ

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
It's rare to see new independent lfs open up. I only see them close down left and right in my neighborhood and nearby towns. Aquarium Center is the only one left in my SNJ area, and is still the best managed store in the Tri state area IMO. I have been patronizing the store since it's opening day 20 some years ago. The original owner has changed the store location the first time a couple years ago. The new store is not as big, but the number of tanks, though smaller, is about the same. What stands out in this store is the water is always clean, only healthy fish are for sale, and the owner is willing to bring in rare species hard to find elsewhere.

His biz is doing very well, given the Petsmart and Petsco price has gone up across the board and no longer the bargain, after driving many indies out of biz. It's actually good time to move in if you are willing to bring in uncommon fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I still miss Aquarium Center's previous location

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Went today. Ryan has done an amazing job. Tanks were crazy clean, prices were good, left with a cigar shark. Will def be going back for more

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
Does anyone have feedback on this place? I don’t trust what the internet says. I was look at there stingrays and noticed they have some awesome prices. Also has anyone shipped from them? I am in west Tenneesse everything exotic has to be shipped in.
Thanks

aroijuana

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2018
New Jersey
Does anyone have feedback on this place? I don’t trust what the internet says. I was look at there stingrays and noticed they have some awesome prices. Also has anyone shipped from them? I am in west Tenneesse everything exotic has to be shipped in.
Thanks
stores top notch

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Thanks
Great store everything quarantined and amazing quality.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Still no pictures? Come on, I'm in a barren wasteland for fish keepers and I never get to see any amazing fish stores. Give me something to be jealous about.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Thanks
His rays are great. Honestly all his stuff is healthy and well taken care of. He ships a lor of fish and is very comfortable doing so

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store