New mini monster....Ctenopoma Acutirostre

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Lets me guess, you got it from petsmart? LOL
Petsmart is noctorious selling them at that size for 7 bucks.
Lol actually thus one came from one if my favorite LFS but my previous one did come from petsmart.

Hendre Hendre forgot to add I paid $10 for it.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
jeaninel jeaninel - my apologies for not paying attention to who was posting... You are the person I learned about Ctenos from! Sorry - you know far more than I do on keeping them.

Happy you now have another one!

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
jeaninel jeaninel - my apologies for not paying attention to who was posting... You are the person I learned about Ctenos from! Sorry - you know far more than I do on keeping them.

Happy you now have another one!
Lol oh no worries! :). Yeah, I've been wanting to get another one so when my hubby saw him at the LFS we ended up taking him home with us.

Reactions: magpie

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have never seen one in the year I have been visiting shops, I will probably just have to order but shops won't let me see the lists lol. I may have found a place that can order and courier fish to me.

They will be a good addition for my African theme.

That older one looked pretty cool :)

Reactions: magpie

eeJamBOYan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
South East Asia
I'll probably move him to a 55 to grow out a bit more then eventually 135 gallon.
Sounds like you already have a very thoughtful plan on the way. Awesome!

Itching for an update. This species definitely deserve its spot amongst the coolest brownish predatory fish out there.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
That thing hits hard for a little guy/girl. It's funny how after you've had monsters over the yrs that you start to appreciate the fish more.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
I've thought about getting one for my African tank. Right now I have Buffalo head cichlids, Congo tetras, syno nigervinter and a butterfly fish. I may stay where I'm at.

Reactions: fishhead0103666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store