New muskie

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I had a walleye on frozen shrimp, of course different fish but similar nonetheless. I would imagine northern pike and muskie to be very similar in difficulty taking none live.

Awesome fish too, would be great to see them in a scaped tank.
I have had them(tiger muskies,in my case) on two different occasions and they ignored anything that wasn't alive.Perhaps they could eventually have been broken and converted but they would not even move when I dropped in raw foods.
There is a Cabellas hunting and camping,outdoors superstore not too far from me and the last time I was there they had a huge display tank with hundreds of foot long muskies in there.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I have had them(tiger muskies,in my case) on two different occasions and they ignored anything that wasn't alive.Perhaps they could eventually have been broken and converted but they would not even move when I dropped in raw foods.
There is a Cabellas hunting and camping,outdoors superstore not too far from me and the last time I was there they had a huge display tank with hundreds of foot long muskies in there.
Ya I followed your thread with them :)

Ya Cabellas usually have a few musky in there tanks! Pretty neat fish.

Apburninup

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2016
I had a walleye on frozen shrimp, of course different fish but similar nonetheless. I would imagine northern pike and muskie to be very similar in difficulty taking none live.

I want to feed them live, as I am a big time fisherman and would like to see how they feed. Gives me alot more insight on how to better approach them while fishing for them. The tank they'll be moved to has a couple large pieces of driftwood in the aquarium but nothing other than that. Had problems with my bass,flathead and gar messing it up on the daily, then if they got spooked would beat themselves up.

Reactions: C. Breeze

Apburninup

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2016

I want to feed them live, as I am a big time fisherman and would like to see how they feed. Gives me alot more insight on how to better approach them while fishing for them. The tank they'll be moved to has a couple large pieces of driftwood in the aquarium but nothing other than that. Had problems with my bass,flathead and gar messing it up on the daily, then if they got spooked would beat themselves up.

Dat boi blu

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
I’m a big time fisherman as well. Never been able to pull a musky bigger than 6in. So why not grow one past 6in. Northern pike I got no prob with as you can my pic. 30in northern up in Canada

Apburninup

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2016
Wow so awesome!! Are these tiger muskie? How big do these get??
They're pure muskie!!! In wild they can grow I've seen up to 50 plus inches and weight 40 plus pounds. Takes them almost 20 years to get to that size though. Ive never seen or heard of a big one in an aquarium beside in bass pro or Cabela's. Probably only have them about 5 or 6 years before they are put into one of my buddies ponds.

Reactions: Dat boi blu

Dat boi blu

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 16, 2017
tiger Muskie will normally be under 50” . They are hybrids so they grow faster but they don’t normaly live as long to surpass the size of pure Muskie. It takes many years for them to reach crazy sizes.

Apburninup

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2016
tiger Muskie will normally be under 50” . They are hybrids so they grow faster but they don’t normaly live as long to surpass the size of pure Muskie. It takes many years for them to reach crazy sizes.
They aren't hybrids they're 100 percent muskies. They are the barred version of muskies so I can see the slight confusion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store