New P Bass acting weird

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Tony A. Tony A. would this be true for an Oscar @8” and bass @ 4-5” or is that still too risky? I want to put them together but don’t want to lose any more of the chichlas I have.
An 8 inch Oscar would be to big .
That size,e bass would be better of with 2 3-4 inches
You can wait about 6-7 months and your bass will of cought up to the oscar they all should be about 10-12 inch's give or take and that would give the bass time to beef up.

Reactions: Matteus

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Tony A. Tony A. would this be true for an Oscar @8” and bass @ 4-5” or is that still too risky? I want to put them together but don’t want to lose any more of the chichlas I have.
An 8 inch Oscar would be to big .
That size,e bass would be better of with 2 os 3-4 inches
You can wait about 6-7 months and your bass will of caught up to the oscar they all should be about 10-12 inch's give or take and that would give the bass time to beef up.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Matteus Matteus We have every seachem product except that haha, I ordered blue planet multi cure? Haven’t used it yet tho till I get some more opinions. Do all your guys peacocks do a jolting action after yawning, Like open and close mouth really fast right a couple of times after yawn? Tried to upload vid but file too big apparently.. They both do this once or twice every 5-10mins
Funny how that works. I would say the chichlas are pretty jerky when it comes to movement. It seems like they are on or off. Most of what you are describing seems mostly normal. But that doesn’t mean they don’t need to be treated. Especially if they are wc. Most likely have some sorts of bugs to get rid of.

My first batch were terrified of me for almost a month. All I had in with them were clown loaches and they seemed to gain confidence after getting used to me feeding them regularly.

Mitchhhh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2018
Funny how that works. I would say the chichlas are pretty jerky when it comes to movement. It seems like they are on or off. Most of what you are describing seems mostly normal. But that doesn’t mean they don’t need to be treated. Especially if they are wc. Most likely have some sorts of bugs to get rid of.

My first batch were terrified of me for almost a month. All I had in with them were clown loaches and they seemed to gain confidence after getting used to me feeding them regularly.
I’ve just ordered 7 7cm giant danios which will be here tomorrow so hopefully that will get them out and eating from me properly, might just quarantine the whole tank just in case the bass or danios actually do have anything. Will update on the weekend!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store