New pickup today

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
picked up a tro of wild caught Apistogramma Borelli from Paraguay yesterday, put them in my 5g tank temporarily so I can monitor them and see if they are eating or not.

Gosh are they small and shy...I hope they get more brave

Anyone want to share their experiences or pictures of their adults?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
picked up a tro of wild caught Apistogramma Borelli from Paraguay yesterday, put them in my 5g tank temporarily so I can monitor them and see if they are eating or not.

Gosh are they small and shy...I hope they get more brave

Anyone want to share their experiences or pictures of their adults?

I don't have Borelli but can say that if you add tankmates with them they will become more relaxed. I have a pair of Apistogramma and they were absolutely great protector's of the fry kept my Bolivian Rams in a corner until I setup a separate aquarium for the Bolivian Rams.

Reactions: mattison187

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'd love to see these :)

Reactions: tlindsey

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I'd love to see these :)
I will post pics when I take some, they are not very colourful yet. I have three one is def a male and female, the third one could go either way...could be a sleeper male, I read when they are sum-dominate the males can take on the appearance of bringing female.

Reactions: Hendre

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed, mine kept killing each other, I'm guessing I had all males so now have 1 male.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Subbed, mine kept killing each other, I'm guessing I had all males so now have 1 male.
That sucks! Were yours as expensive as mine??? I’d be PO’ed if theyvkiller watch other haha

How big of a tank did you keep them in? And did you have lots of caves?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store