new red devil question

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
sounds good to me. Mine stays in the plants. I'll try tomorrow to chase him out of the plants for some pictures. That's a nice looking group, BTW. You must have a larger tank than I have. I'll consider going up to a 75, depending on how this one does.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I would love to have a 126, I'll be doing well to get a 75. I'm starting on disability and don't think a 125 will be in my budget... If I did have a 125, I would have a dovii or a p. splendida.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Check out Craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo you can find some great deals. I am on SSD as well, just kept an eye out I got my first 125 for $200 tank, stand, lights. Second 125 was brand new never used, tank stand lights for $400. Be patient and the right deal will show up.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
In reality a 175 or 250, is not sufficient for a dovii, Petenia maybe.
I consider putting a dovii in anything under 500 gal cruel and unusual punishment.
It's not only the space, but the smaller the tank, the more maintenance it requires to keep the cichlid from getting hole in the disease or other maladies they get from living in less than stellar water quality, in small, stressful spaces.
And although finances are the determining factor for many people, its really about how the fish actually thrives in the tank one can afford, not what can I jam into a minimum amount of space, and see if it barely survives.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store