New Reef Build

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
For my CBB? It’s eating pellets, brine and mysis shrimp soaked in vitamins and black worms as occasional treats. It eats as aggressively as the clowns and the foxface. Right up at the front glass like a dog waiting
That's good, I've always found fish ignored pellets in my reef tank as they are more interested in the live copepods in the tank so I just make sure I have a large amount of copepods. As for mandarins, I have a pair of them in my tank, the male eats copepods and brine shrimp, the female only eats copepods, I couldn't get her interested enough in frozen and pellet food to eat and she has plenty of copepods so she always fed on those instead. I have plenty of copepods though so I'm not worried, she's doing fantastic and they're actually showing breeding activity.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
An anemone was the first animal in this tank as it came on a piece of live rock. Has been doing great so far

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
You should wait atleast a year, make sure you get a lot of copepods and make sure you don't have a lot of other fish that will eat them. They may or may not eat aiptasia. Live brine shrimp would be another good food for them. If you can, try getting them on frozen food.
Don’t try and school the master you’ll embarrass yourself kid

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I should share my opinion on quarantining fish next. I follow the Paul B method

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I have found that regarding reefkeeping, the online consensus for everything is to be way more careful and restrictive, than actually necessary. I've had people in another reef forum telling me all along that I was moving too quickly, doing this wrong, wait 6 months for that, I need an ATO, need more light, etc. I mostly ignored it all and have had success so far. Even with transferring everything in the tank to larger setups twice now within a year (newest setup is also a peninsula btw)
Id say go with your gut, looks like your doing great. This tank is going to be awesome.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have found that regarding reefkeeping, the online consensus for everything is to be way more careful and restrictive, than actually necessary. I've had people in another reef forum telling me all along that I was moving too quickly, doing this wrong, wait 6 months for that, I need an ATO, need more light, etc. I mostly ignored it all and have had success so far. Even with transferring everything in the tank to larger setups twice now within a year (newest setup is also a peninsula btw)
Id say go with your gut, looks like your doing great. This tank is going to be awesome.
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of what people say in this hobby is based off something they have read and not something they have tried.

Reactions: Matteus

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Agree. Unfortunately a lot of what people say in this hobby is based off something they have read and not something they have tried.
I even seeing people making “Care Guides” for fishes they never even keep. A lot of new members are apparently experts.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Picked up a few corals today. More will be delivered on Tuesday. Starting the system off with mostly euphyllia with a few other LPS and softies.

Im a huge fan of the apex display cabinet. No more wire mess in the stand or behind the tank. I still plan to add an apex DOS and apex trident to the system.

I looked into the tank last night around midnight after the lights went out and to my surprise the rock work was full of pods. All fish are still doing great. I plan to add a few more so the tank is constantly full of activity.

996C8C37-844D-4108-94A7-EE65B5A7F226.jpeg

10EF0977-EDD4-4E3B-B6C4-D6E70211F8BD.jpeg

5929D54D-911D-442C-8EB9-FFE484370049.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store