New ST

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I would suggest: the more you get, the less they fight. NTTs also just up and die for no apparent reason, IME.
However, I have personally had one that would bash the sides of other fish and kill them. Guess it would pop the swim bladder. That was an NGT though. Meanest dats, again just in my experience. Good news, I’ve had 2” with 6”, 8”, etc.. and no problems. Get more you’ll be better off.
Wholeheartedly agreed on the NTT dats.I have pretty much given up on them after my last one checked out on me after coming along so nicely for quite a while.It wasn't the first one to do so either.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I would suggest: the more you get, the less they fight. NTTs also just up and die for no apparent reason, IME.
However, I have personally had one that would bash the sides of other fish and kill them. Guess it would pop the swim bladder. That was an NGT though. Meanest dats, again just in my experience. Good news, I’ve had 2” with 6”, 8”, etc.. and no problems. Get more you’ll be better off.
When I had the three the AT only ever really bothered the dension barbs an on occasion chase the smallest NTT. Now with the two remaining the AT only ever shows aggression during feeding if the NTT gets too close or has a lot of food in front of him. Then there's the occasional chase but I've never seen the AT make contact. After I bought the first NTT I caught the itch pretty good. Actually looked at the NTT again today and considered another. Not sure now though with a track record of dying. I do know the more the better off aggression is.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Quick shot of the tank stocks currently
1xNTT
1xAT
3xCL
2xDension Barb
1xSA Bumblebee Catfish

K krichardson saw those Wallagos today and boy was that tempting to buy one to house for a little while.

8C1B5995-BDAA-4B6F-BF48-3F4A05362B1D.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Quick shot of the tank stocks currently
1xNTT
1xAT
3xCL
2xDension Barb
1xSA Bumblebee Catfish

K krichardson saw those Wallagos today and boy was that tempting to buy one to house for a little while.

View attachment 1330575
I was almost tempted to grab one when I saw them too!....did you happen to notice a flowerhorn cichlid a few tanks down?

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I was almost tempted to grab one when I saw them too!....did you happen to notice a flowerhorn cichlid a few tanks down?
The fader? Thing was super nice no price listed though the one next to it for sure had Hex. Wish when I was in the FH game I would of gotten one from there. They were rare to see when I was in the market.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The fader? Thing was super nice no price listed though the one next to it for sure had Hex. Wish when I was in the FH game I would of gotten one from there. They were rare to see when I was in the market.
There was one labeled as AA Grade for sixty bucks that I had my sights set on.I hope that wasn't the one with hex?

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
There was one labeled as AA Grade for sixty bucks that I had my sights set on.I hope that wasn't the one with hex?
Might of been I didn't see any price on him and it was in the tank one in from the end same row as fader and wallago's. My girlfriend pointed him out saying how nice he looked and I agreed but said the 3" white stringy poop hanging out of him is bad news.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Might of been I didn't see any price on him and it was in the tank one in from the end same row as fader and wallago's. My girlfriend pointed him out saying how nice he looked and I agreed but said the 3" white stringy poop hanging out of him is bad news.
Yeah,that kind of poop aint a good sign.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
A little update may swap the AT for another NTT and just have a pair of NTT. I prefer the gold base a lot more than the silver. Also with adding two catfish I've been after for a long time I'd prefer the silver doesn't tear them up before they hit bottom.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,be careful with that decision

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store