New thought about pellet training.

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
Ok has anyone tried fishing scents to get there fish to eat pellets? They have all kinds of scents from shrimp to crayfish to night crawlers and shad so wouldn't you think your fish would like one of them?
Has anyone tried this?

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
I doubt they are harsh and most are natural scents not man made. They are usually just concentrated oil

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I doubt they are harsh and most are natural scents not man made. They are usually just concentrated oil

Most people try to avoid oily foods, it fouls up the water fast. Try some and see what they do to your water quality, then report back to us. Those scents are made to attract fish, not to feed to your pets.

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I think this follows the same principle of soaking pellets in beefheart juices or garlic. I've used both of those in the past

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
Most people try to avoid oily foods, it fouls up the water fast. Try some and see what they do to your water quality, then report back to us. Those scents are made to attract fish, not to feed to your pets.
These scents are made to get fish to bite things that don't visually appeal to them. N I would only soak the food in a tiny bit to get the scent. I don't think that small if an amount would hurt the water much. But I guess no one has tried it???
I will do some tests and research and post up a report

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Why not just use vita-chem....its also an attractant

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
keep up posted...its sounds very interesting...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store