New to american cichlids please help!!

Hereditary47

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
I have had african cichlids before and saltwater fish so im not new to keeping fish but when it comes to south/central american cichlids im kind of lost so i was wondering what you guys would suggest stocking in a 75 gallon? I'm leaning towards bigger fish not any of the dwarf cichlids really but am also open to ideas

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I have had african cichlids before and saltwater fish so im not new to keeping fish but when it comes to south/central american cichlids im kind of lost so i was wondering what you guys would suggest stocking in a 75 gallon? I'm leaning towards bigger fish not any of the dwarf cichlids really but am also open to ideas
Are you after a wet pet, solo type set up or more of a community, multiple cichlid set up.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Depends on the species, beani would be a solo male nothing else, salvini, texas a breeding pair. Others might get away with a bottom dweller. South American are a lot less aggressive generally so you can have bottom dwellers and dither fish as well, guianacara, keyholes, acara etc.

Reactions: Hereditary47

Hereditary47

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Depends on the species, beani would be a solo male nothing else, salvini, texas a breeding pair. Others might get away with a bottom dweller. South American are a lot less aggressive generally so you can have bottom dwellers and dither fish as well, guianacara, keyholes, acara etc.

How about green terrors how would that work out? a pair or just one of them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store