New to Polypterus - Substrate Advice!

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
So the last couple days my endli/ansorgii has been sitting with his ass up in the air...
View attachment 1230053
I haven't been worried at all because you know, polys are weird. I mean my new koliba spends 90% of his life with his head literally buried in the sand. But then it crossed my mind that maybe this is another case of the backbone issues that my senegalus is having... I really hope not. He's eating normally, swimming normally, nothing has changed except he looks like a skunk about to spray. anyone have any thoughts?
The markings on this ansorgii is great! The only time I'd get a poly to 'tail up' was a cb endli after tilapia feeding. This would be occasionally. Perhaps, starve your tank a day or two to see if buoyancy is back to normal.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
The markings on this ansorgii is great! The only time I'd get a poly to 'tail up' was a cb endli after tilapia feeding. This would be occasionally. Perhaps, starve your tank a day or two to see if buoyancy is back to normal.
Thanks! you don't think it's a hybrid? I'm still iffy on ID's but have been told it's an endli/ansorgii hybrid, despite being sold to me as ansorgii. Regardless, I agree, I love its markings. And I'll starve and dose epsom, hope that works

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I changed substrate, and water drop from 80 degress to 65 degress, and poly got so stress on the process. Stupid me i didnt use warm water to add in the tank. So i ask Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 and J jaws7777 and they told me to get the congi and put it in the cooler with warm water.
sorry to hear that. :/

I haven't been worried at all because you know, polys are weird. I mean my new koliba spends 90% of his life with his head literally buried in the sand.
LOL. That was funny :p

Meanwhile my ornate has his head in a dark coconut cave, and is fluttering his pec fins without moving the rest of his body. Polys are great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store