Not open for further replies.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=531694
The above link... The seller is Simon.. A reputable farm owner ...he sold as axanthic.. All the scales are translucent leading to yellowish color.. That's why it's called axanthic.. Understand?

So actually that's not a cheap fish and obviously not common, it was sold within one day at that price. If I could sell some 2-3000 dollar fish in one day all the time, I'd be rich!

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I am just setting a bait..and you took it. The funny part is you don't know is a bait... It's OK.. .. I shall release you back into the river. ..so I can hook you again.
Wow... Just wow!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Looks at the end of the day it doesn't matter what it is or how rare it is
It just boils down to how it looks

If you like a yellow aro with bad drop eye then yes it's great and I can see why people would like a fish like that if that's what they are looking for

Me personally I hate drop eye more than any other fault with a aro so wouldn't purchase a silver or any variant again
Even if I had any aro that developed drop eye I would sell it ASAP even at a big loss

You can go on about how rare this fish is or not I don't like it and I am allowed to state my opinion
If you didn't want such comments you should have made that clear at the start of the thread

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
hey dickwad, its called decency. Just like any other imperfections in life. you don't call a fat person fat, you don't call someone with mental disability retard, or a cripple lame to their face. Basic human etiquette. Which people in England are so proud of.

And furthermore., almost all adult silver arowana kept in captivity have at least one drop eye, probably over 70% or more.

Looks at the end of the day it doesn't matter what it is or how rare it is
It just boils down to how it looks

If you like a yellow aro with bad drop eye then yes it's great and I can see why people would like a fish like that if that's what they are looking for

Me personally I hate drop eye more than any other fault with a aro so wouldn't purchase a silver or any variant again
Even if I had any aro that developed drop eye I would sell it ASAP even at a big loss

You can go on about how rare this fish is or not I don't like it and I am allowed to state my opinion
If you didn't want such comments you should have made that clear at the start of the thread

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
1) Your link has not prove captive breeding of silver arowana, bro Fong. It only shows a picture of 2 guys standing in a field, no harvesting/collecting fry from pond.
2) Arowana is listed as endangered in 2006, but it has been on CITES long before 2006. Go and read those links you posted again bro Fong
You're right on one thing, though. You should be so embarrassed by now.
1. Maybe it doesn't have to be closed, so we can keep this going but in a more positive manner, let me re-direct
2. Bro Fong, you have some experience in keeping arowana, but you came off offensive when you said that the fish is common and not worth keeping, when in fact you could not produce pictures of the same fish that you claim to be common. If your criteria is a white fish that is ok, but do no be little other people's fish, this thread was started to show off a fish we got and found it was interesting. If you say yellow ones are common or not worth keeping, I cannot find too many pictures of those either.

3. Tk1- again you came off offensive as well, in the past update you said the owner used a Nan light to enhance and show off the colors, but it wasn't, and you were not only not apologetic, but you started to say these fish are probably captive bred and not worth keeping. Well, I can tell you that your black rays are common, they kill them in the rivers where they're found, but I don't say that, its called basic decency. Unfortunately you keep arguing and being ornery.

4. as for captive breeding, like I said, I know that Asian arowanas have been bred for some 20 years plus now, but also its because Asian arowanas have always commanded hundreds up to thousands of dollars each, even in Asia for at least 20 years, so there was a lot of money involved. As for silver arowanas, historically they were always a 5-10 dollar each fish at a small size, so that is why no effort was ever made to mass produce them. In the past they actually just kill the adults for food and take the babies. also its not easy to transport an adult with the limited equipment they have to a breeding station. it would be difficult. I'm sure there are some efforts being made to breed them, but its not done regularly yet, and we're not seeing the results yet.
This is the closest thing to actual evidence-

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm patiently waiting...

Are those albino? You saw albino and thought they're axanthic
Oh come on! You fold already? And right! That piece was sold as axanthic! Keep digging, bro Fong! You see them quite often, yet you can't find one

Geez! You're boring! You need a life!
NO! NO! NO! Ready again! He sold it as xanthic, NOT axanthic! In his own words, "Xantic is yellow banana colour and albino is slight whitish.." Xanthic is yellow... Axanthic is lack of yellow or red or both... UNDERSTAND??? You still don't get the difference that Koltsixx tried to explained it to you month ago... You've been digging blind, found one fish that you thought as another one... Keep on digging!
Caught me? You are a FUNNY guy, Kelvin Fong! You can't even own up to your clueless! So yellow? Just a few pages back 1hottuna post an update pix, and you found it's interesting with the transformation. You keep saying the fish in the link you posted sold as axanthic, although the title of the video and the seller said it is xanthic, and you have no clue the difference until I took you back to first grade and spell it out for you! You caught nothing!
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=531694
The above link... The seller is Simon.. A reputable farm owner ...he sold as axanthic.. All the scales are translucent leading to yellowish color.. That's why it's called axanthic.. Understand?

So actually that's not a cheap fish and obviously not common, it was sold within one day at that price. If I could sell some 2-3000 dollar fish in one day all the time, I'd be rich!
Hi wels.
The seller sold at a huge loss.
The babies albino here selling at 320 USD. Used to sell at 2000 USD 2 years ago. 320 USD is like price of low grade cross back. Its no longer Collecters item now. But of course If you compare it to a normal silver.
It is still expensive. Perhaps in US you can. Buy and breed them.. Believe there is market for it since Asian Aros are not available.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
yes, I know, because albino they're breeding, but all grape eye.,

the fish we're talking about here, that you say is common, I don't see it for sale still. so the $3200 SGD for the 2 fish, the majority of the money is towards the non albino fish right?

Hi wels.
The seller sold at a huge loss.
The babies albino here selling at 320 USD. Used to sell at 2000 USD 2 years ago. 320 USD is like price of low grade cross back. Its no longer Collecters item now. But of course If you compare it to a normal silver.
It is still expensive. Perhaps in US you can. Buy and breed them.. Believe there is market for it since Asian Aros are not available.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
hey dickwad, its called decency. Just like any other imperfections in life. you don't call a fat person fat, you don't call someone with mental disability retard, or a cripple lame to their face. Basic human etiquette. Which people in England are so proud of.

And furthermore., almost all adult silver arowana kept in captivity have at least one drop eye, probably over 70% or more.
Mmmmm but it's ok to tell a dyslexic guy he can't spell over and over again
That's called one rule for one and not another

It will always happen in a open forum
You can't expect great comments 24/7 if you purchase a fish like this you got it to please yourself not to please others

You can carry on with your personal insults I have been around long enough to be able to take them I suggest you do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store