New wolf fish not eating

Arvin77

Feeder Fish
Dec 8, 2017
Erm guys i bought a spotted gar. Does it need oxygen pump in the tank to survive. Becuz i do not have a pump and the gar seems to be able to breathe by swimming to the water surface for air.

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
I'll try carnivore pellets that I have. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to cut up fish. Any more tips surrounding this? Fyi I do not eat fish. I've always found the smell repulsive.
yeah use cut up fish its really easy just go to the fresh fish department in your grocery story and buy a couple dollars worth of whatever fish you want to feed him cut it up into chunks and throw it in

Reactions: Arvin77 and kno4te

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
I'll try carnivore pellets that I have. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to cut up fish. Any more tips surrounding this? Fyi I do not eat fish. I've always found the smell repulsive.
yeah use cut up fish its really easy just go to the fresh fish department in your grocery story and buy a couple dollars worth of whatever fish you want to feed him cut it up into chunks and throw it in

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Erm guys i bought a spotted gar. Does it need oxygen pump in the tank to survive. Becuz i do not have a pump and the gar seems to be able to breathe by swimming to the water surface for air.
You don't have a filter on the tank? Or any sort of pump?
Yes it needs a pump, it is swimming to the top for air not by choice but because there is not enough oxygen in the water. It will die shortly if you don't have any sort of circulation.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Nice and simple thanks. I'll have the wife buy it because I can't even stand the smell of the grocery store fish department. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store