Newest member of Ghetto Pond League

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
pondkeeper;3441369; said:
Hey I am definitely in the ghetto pond league, if there was actually such a thing, since of course there are no leagues. But if there was, I would be all over it :)

I have two 4x8 foot make-shift ponds in my dog run now. They are filled beyond maximum with all my pond plants while the cement pond gets a major refurbishing. I will snap some photos after work. Basically just 2x6's and black plastic. All surplus stuff scavenged from the barn.

The local koi show used to use those kiddie pools.

I really liked your look, with the shelf and bucket filter/falls. We, the league you know, should do midnight raids and set one of those up at every pond-snob's home. Just before they are having company over (like the local pond club). :naughty:
Ghetto pond is where it's at.

Looking forwarsd to the pics.

I lile that idea, too many snobs, both on and off of the forum.

pondkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2009
Pacific NorthWest
OK, I finally remembered to snap a photo of the temp ponds.
The plants are not too thrilled. I have lost a lot of water hawthorne because it can't compete in the crowded conditions. I just got the main pond sealed with Pond Armor and will start repotting and moving back into the pond next week.

IMG_2582.JPG

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
ceeej31;3489100; said:
can we get an update?
how are the fish doing?
Missing a few silver dollars, cactus pleco and an oscar(jumped). Everyone else is still swimming.

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
would a pacu bite though the sides ?

im loong at a smalller one around 250gal

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
ryeguy28;3578587; said:
would a pacu bite though the sides ?

im loong at a smalller one around 250gal
They keep biting holes in the top ring.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
This will be the last posts for the pond. Got home and found pond half empty and a film on surface. Caualties are as follows.

Silver dollars(4-5") x5
Leporinus(12") x1
Red devil(10") x1
RTC(12") x1
RTCxTSN(20") x1
Pacu(12-18") x5
Rhino pleco(10") x1

Clown knife, pangassius, giant gourami hanging on so far. I'm done with the monsters. Have a couple to find homes for and then done, possibly with fishkeeping all together. It was fun while it lasted but devastating at this time.

indiana.dutton

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
Connecticut
dragonfish;3668258; said:
This will be the last posts for the pond. Got home and found pond half empty and a film on surface. Caualties are as follows.

Silver dollars(4-5") x5
Leporinus(12") x1
Red devil(10") x1
RTC(12") x1
RTCxTSN(20") x1
Pacu(12-18") x5
Rhino pleco(10") x1

Clown knife, pangassius, giant gourami hanging on so far. I'm done with the monsters. Have a couple to find homes for and then done, possibly with fishkeeping all together. It was fun while it lasted but devastating at this time.
Oh my god! that is terrible! sorry for your loss

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store