Next Poly?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Maybe I'm just old fashioned (even though I'm not that old) but asking others outside of family for money for any reason that's not a crisis / urgent doesn't sit right with me. I'm of the mind that you work for the things you need, especially if they're for recreation. I know you're working hard in school and that is a priority over a job/makes a job impossible, but I'd stick with your family regarding getting a new tank, particularly since you can get away with one that is relatively inexpensive in the long run.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I applaud you wanting the best for your fish! Too many people want to cram huge fish in tiny tanks.
The gofundme was a joke, and it was Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 's to buy me the Koliba and Teugelsi. I originally just wanted to buy his nigerian lap. I didn't pm him, pestering him about buying me a fish I couldn't afford. He offered to sell me his lap, I said yes, but then he didn't feel comfortable shipping it, and it was too large, so he said he'd just send me a Koliba from Wetspot. He also got the Teugelsi so the order would be over the minimum $$$ limit. I asked him multiple times if he would let me pay for the order, or at least part of it, but he refused to take it.

He offered to buy me the Koliba before he knew I was only in highschool. I didn't tell him that until after he offered to get me the Koliba. Before that he thought I was near his age. This was a result of him being generous, not me begging for money/fish.

Ask Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , he can confirm everything I said.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
The gofundme was a joke, and it was Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 's to buy me the Koliba and Teugelsi. I originally just wanted to buy his nigerian lap. I didn't pm him, pestering him about buying me a fish I couldn't afford. He offered to sell me his lap, I said yes, but then he didn't feel comfortable shipping it, and it was too large, so he said he'd just send me a Koliba from Wetspot. He also got the Teugelsi so the order would be over the minimum $$$ limit. I asked him multiple times if he would let me pay for the order, or at least part of it, but he refused to take it.

He offered to buy me the Koliba before he knew I was only in highschool. I didn't tell him that until after he offered to get me the Koliba. Before that he thought I was near his age. This was a result of him being generous, not me begging for money/fish.

Ask Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , he can confirm everything I said.
True, he never asked me to buy him a fish, i insisted to get him the fish.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
True, he never asked me to buy him a fish, i insisted to get him the fish.
I just figured it out...

You had this planned out the whole time. By getting me the Koliba and Teugelsi, you knew I would have to get another tank to dedicate to Polys in the future, which would worsen my Poly addiction.

You're an evil man.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
kno4te kno4te I looked into pentair tubs, and I would still pay more money for one of those than a used aquarium. I also looked for used pentair/fiberglass tubs with no luck. I'll just check cl daily and hope for a good deal.

Reactions: kno4te

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Actually I found a 430 for $500, I won't say where though as I don't want anyone beating me to it. Hopefully the post will still be up for a few months to get me time to save for it.

clm08k clm08k kno4te kno4te Could you help me out and pm me if you see any good deals down in Fl? If I get my dad in a good mood and give him a large enough bribe I may be able to go as far as Miami.
for sure, man.

I'll keep an eye out. Always looking for a new tank for myself. Not sure why cause my wife will not let me have it, no space....lol.

Look in the pentair tubs with a window. They aren't too bad price wise and will get a lot of real estate for the money.

Either that or diy plywood tank would be another option.

Florida....all the tanks I've come across need to be resealed or cracked. Acrylic needs buffering or should be a sump. Despite all these flaws the prices are way high. Similar to a new system.

There's a local guy im following that does acrylic tanks and a fare price but local pick up.

Till I get divorced I guess....;)
+1 on most of the decently priced aquariums being cracked or really messed up in FL. J jaws7777 and friends saved me from buying a $300 125g that literally sprung leaks the day before I bought it.

Yeah I don't get it either why the prices are so high here, especially if the tank is in average condition.

my ears are open about the local guy doing acrylic. Lol. when I make money one day....

kno4te kno4te , all you have to do is tell your wife that you recently won a distinguished award from an aquarium organization. and that your prize is a new tank. Naw, don't get divorced lol.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
kno4te kno4te , all you have to do is tell your wife that you recently won a distinguished award from an aquarium organization. and that your prize is a new tank. Naw, don't get divorced lol.[/QUOTE]

I did do that but wasn't welcomed with a warm reception lol.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
My Dad travels a lot for work, usually to Jacksonville. He gets reimbursed for his gas to Jacksonville and back, so hopefully next time time he's in Jacksonville, I can convince him to go to Miami to get the 430. He'll already be halfway to Miami, and will be reimbursed for half the trip.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I spoke to my dad about the 430g in Miami, and he was opposed to it at first, but after explaining that half the gas would be reimbursed if he drove to Miami the next time he was in Jacksonville, he was more open to the idea. I assume he was curious about the tank, because a few minutes later he had the cl post on his phone, and he told me that it wouldn't fit in the house. He explained that the tank was 37" wide (for some reason I thought 36"), and the door was only 36". Since the 210 went through the door without a problem, I didn't consider that the width of the door when looking for tanks.

I'll keep looking for another large tank since this one is too big to fit in the house.

Reactions: kno4te and clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store