NFL and other sports Flag ceremony protest thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; This may be unrelated but I doubt it. Saw that a magazine GQ has named CK some new kind of person of the year. I must admit that I do not get it. It is evident that a whole bunch of people think a lot different than I do.
The things I do get include that CK and others should be able do things that bring attention to their favorite cause. If that attention is in the form of a protest, I get that folks get to pick the way they work for a cause.
I do not get why it is OK to stage a protest during our flag ceremony. The flag ceremony has nothing to do with the cause they protest. I did not get to stage protests at work back when I worked. I do not get to stage a protest on someone's private property. I can protest on my front yard all I want. I may get permission to have a march or protest on public property.

To me a protest during the flag ceremony IS about the flag and what it stands for.

I do not take that magazine so cannot drop it.

Saw a talking head on TV point this out. If you want to pick an athlete who made a difference then why not the Texans player J J Watt who rained ten of millions for hurricane relief.

To me all CK has done is to start a movement that disrespects the flag and spoiled my favorite sport.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; This may be unrelated but I doubt it. Saw that a magazine GQ has named CK some new kind of person of the year. I must admit that I do not get it. It is evident that a whole bunch of people think a lot different than I do.
It's a leftest mag
To me all CK has done is to start a movement that disrespects the flag and spoiled my favorite sport.
He's wrecked it for alot of people.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Well, I haven’t read every post of this thread, so please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I am not for the anthem protests and find them extremely disrespectful to our military. However, my reasoning is not entirely in line with what many people follow. You see, the reason I am against it is because it doesn’t make sense. The national anthem is clearly written to honor our military, it can be clearly seen from the lyrics. Because of this, it makes no sense to use the national anthem as a means to protest police racism and violence. If the national anthem had been written about the police, then I would fully support the protest, as I am sure many more would. However, because the anthem is clearly written in support of our military, I feel it was a very ignorant choice and showed a complete lack of intelligence for Colin Kaepernick to sit during the anthem. I feel he got exactly what he deserved in not having been resigned or picked up by a team. Of course, there are many followers that will participate in situations like this just because, and I feel that at this point, the players still protesting the anthem are doing so more out of a disagreement with the NFL and it’s power rather than for the purpose of protesting the police brutality. Well, I know that was a lot, but those are my thoughts on it and I hope it stops ASAP and that no team ever picks Colin Kaepernick back up. Let his career remain over.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Saw a clip of golden tate meeting with a bunch of vets before sundays game he asked them what kind of touch down celebration they would like to see if he scored. They requested a simple salute amd he said he felt honored..then went out and did it....never liked him much but that changed sunday

Reactions: skjl47

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Well, I haven’t read every post of this thread, so please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I am not for the anthem protests and find them extremely disrespectful to our military. However, my reasoning is not entirely in line with what many people follow. You see, the reason I am against it is because it doesn’t make sense. The national anthem is clearly written to honor our military, it can be clearly seen from the lyrics. Because of this, it makes no sense to use the national anthem as a means to protest police racism and violence. If the national anthem had been written about the police, then I would fully support the protest, as I am sure many more would. However, because the anthem is clearly written in support of our military, I feel it was a very ignorant choice and showed a complete lack of intelligence for Colin Kaepernick to sit during the anthem. I feel he got exactly what he deserved in not having been resigned or picked up by a team. Of course, there are many followers that will participate in situations like this just because, and I feel that at this point, the players still protesting the anthem are doing so more out of a disagreement with the NFL and it’s power rather than for the purpose of protesting the police brutality. Well, I know that was a lot, but those are my thoughts on it and I hope it stops ASAP and that no team ever picks Colin Kaepernick back up. Let his career remain over.
Hello; Much of what you wrote has been posted before, but I enjoyed our post. You state the case well. Well done.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; last week I recorded the Georgia and Auburn game which turned out to be a very interesting game. Any one have suggestions about what to watch this coming weekend?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; last week I recorded the Georgia and Auburn game which turned out to be a very interesting game. Any one have suggestions about what to watch this coming weekend?
I'll skim the games. Then it's Ghosted and Walking Dead for me.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Got a treat tonight. A friend had an extra ticket to the Vols - LSU game. He took me along. I enjoyed the game for the first half then a heck of a storm front came thru. Rained heavy with very high wind for about twenty minutes. We were back under the upper deck and so did not get very wet.
Better to watch a game on TV but the spectacle of being there is interesting from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store