NFL and other sports Flag ceremony protest thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Interesting article. Thanks. I had known about the public financing of most stadiums. I did not understand how rich some of these owners are. Question- why would an owner with multi billions take 500+ millions from area taxpayers for a stadium? Answer- I guess just because they can.

I also agree that the notion of giving Goodell a new contract and more pay does not add up to me for the reasons cited and a few more of my own. For example any coach with a losing streak can and often will be out of a job most any time.
Could it be like the stock market ploy where the bet is a stock will go down and money is made when the value of a company goes down?

I will be watching something other than NFL football tomorrow. I have a couple of college games recorded I can watch.

Not watching NFL is becoming easier. I did not even consider the MNF game and found plenty of things to watch.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I dont care about thr new salary. Screw it its the owners money tjey can spend it however they like. The life time health insurance is just insane and to me a slap in the face to the players. If anything they shouks be given a life time health insurance deal.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Great Army- Navy game yesterday.No outrageous celebratory dance routines and definitely no kneeling.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Saints season ticket holder sues for refund over player protests:"One way or another,they'll pay"!
A Morgan City man is suing the New Orleans Saints for a refund on his season tickets because some players have disrespected the national anthem before games this season.
Ler Dragna filed a lawsuit Monday in 24th Judicial District Court seeking a refund for the tickets as well as attorney's fees,claiming the protests by some players against police brutalityand racial injustice has preventedhim and his family from enjoying the games.
......hope he wins.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; I recorded a replay of this game. have not watched it yet. Thanks
Then I hope that you enjoy it when you get around to watching it.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Saw a picture the other day of a whole row of Seahawks kneeing from the game the other day.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Saw a picture the other day of a whole row of Seahawks kneeing from the game the other day.
Hello; Still going on?? I guess giving Godell decamillions is a sign the NFL will allow disgracing our flag to continue.

While I do not find the college games to be at the same level as the NFL, They can be pretty good. It is much easier to skip the NFL games now than weeks ago. I will survive and apparently the NFL does not need me anyway.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; Still going on?? I guess giving Godell decamillions is a sign the NFL will allow disgracing our flag to continue.

While I do not find the college games to be at the same level as the NFL, They can be pretty good. It is much easier to skip the NFL games now than weeks ago. I will survive and apparently the NFL does not need me anyway.
I saw a bumper sticker that said I will stand for the anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store