Ngt datnoid questions

Megamonsters

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2019
Ok so I need to know just a few things about ngt datnoids because I plan on getting some. I've read that ngts don't get along with eachother but I plan on buying 3 small juveniles and raising them together. Would that be a problem or anything longterm? I do have some gouramis as dither fish in the aquarium. Also I want to know their growth rate on average. I'd be feeding a mix of silver side, fish fillets, and krill so a pretty varied diet (plus pellets if I can train them). On average how large is their maximum size and how long should it take to reach that? And the last question is at any point in their life do they need brackish water or are they fine in fresh?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
K krichardson

Reactions: Matteus

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
The more you get in the beginning, the better! Spreads aggression, easier to pellet train too. Growth—- hope you have patience!
No salt or brackish needed ever, but get more than 3.....

Reactions: Matteus

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
What size tank? If you can, 5 or more. 2 will beat on one, 3 probably will beat down one, but 3 on 2 spreads it out and so on... This was my experience. Read through the past posts though .

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
The more you get in the beginning, the better! Spreads aggression, easier to pellet train too. Growth—- hope you have patience!
No salt or brackish needed ever, but get more than 3.....
+1

I have read that NGT are brackish, but I really doubt that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store