Non monster tanks

MikebNJ

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2014
The Swamps of Central Jersey
I wish I videotaped me putting this tank together.....

I am 6' 3 and 300 pounds and I have large hands. I was holding a flash light under my neck and had tongs in 1 hand and another metal rod tool in the other hand trying to put the plants in and smooth the substrate. I felt like I was doing open heart surgery lmao

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I went to Petco at 8 at night and bought whatever plants I thought looked cool....

They have these "betta plant" bags with the live plants sealed in a little baggie with the roots in gel. They are really cool. 1 was like a baby tear and the other was dwarf grass. I also have a marimo moss ball. The floating lily pad I do not know the name of. Floating also on the top are balls of Java moss tied in a ball to float.

I added a layer of sea shells, then a layer of Eco earth complete. I also put in a few seachem flourish tabs. I also took a nice piece of spider wood and cut off 3 arms of it. I will be adding Red Crystal shrimp.

20g is max allowed in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

Aquanero Aquanero convict360 convict360

Nice!

Will post some pics tomorrow when I've changed up my small tank, technically it will have 10 gallons of water so it counts :p

Reactions: boldtogether

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
I went to Petco at 8 at night and bought whatever plants I thought looked cool....

They have these "betta plant" bags with the live plants sealed in a little baggie with the roots in gel. They are really cool. 1 was like a baby tear and the other was dwarf grass. I also have a marimo moss ball. The floating lily pad I do not know the name of. Floating also on the top are balls of Java moss tied in a ball to float.

I added a layer of sea shells, then a layer of Eco earth complete. I also put in a few seachem flourish tabs. I also took a nice piece of spider wood and cut off 3 arms of it. I will be adding Red Crystal shrimp.

20g is max allowed in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

Aquanero Aquanero convict360 convict360
Made it just under the wire...hahah!!
Even a 20g is small....seriously...
I used to have 5g with a 5g sump...It had one wild caught crayfish....no light or heater. The return was an Eheim 1250.The little tank was drilled and everything. ...water was always crystal clear. The crayfish molted half a dozen times and finally out grew the 5g....so my neighbor took it off my hands and has a Betta in it...the Betta is like 3 yrs old.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Let the truth be told. Every tank is a monster tank. Just some monsters are bigger than others.

Reactions: boldtogether

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I took some crappy photos last night after messing around for a bit, to get a rough idea of what I want to do.

Figure tonight I'll empty all gravel out, layer with natural coloured sand; then add the gravel back around the middle of the tank, before adding wood back in. Tank is cycled anyway filter wise, so might be able to get the minnows soon; with java moss ordered too :)

P.S still welcome to opinions on filter type in another thread i created, current fluval is a bit bulky

paludarium 1.jpeg

paludarium 2.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store