North Carolina Snakeheads

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You didn't misunderstand anything. Prison is not something that is even considered if you are in possession of a snake head.
.....and how do you know that?

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
Oh okay...so,just a hefty fine to be paid?
From what I've gathered the fine is dependent on the state. From a couple grand up to 10's of thousands. I've seen jail time mentioned, but nothing about prison. And unless you have priors, I doubt jail time would happen. Most states still like to lock people up for enjoying natures plants and fungi.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting....I've always kind of wondered about the penalty for snakehead possession but never really looked nto it.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
From what I've gathered the fine is dependent on the state. From a couple grand up to 10's of thousands. I've seen jail time mentioned, but nothing about prison. And unless you have priors, I doubt jail time would happen. Most states still like to lock people up for enjoying natures plants and fungi.
Now I understand the difference of opinion. We don't have a word that differentiate prison and jail in French. How about "time behind bars"? xD
Either way, a penalty not worth risking considered they get confiscated in the end.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store