Not Real Cichla Temensis (Buyers Becareful)

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
I have to add my 2 cents in, I recently went to aquascape while I was visiting my sister in NJ I had the pleasure of meeting this guy Mike whose in charge of mail order he was very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. I picked up a tigrenus cat a lot cheaper then my local fish stores and the quality of fish were also good. I can’t speak of the delivery but was impressed by the assortment of fish
Thank you

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 Troy1015 Troy1015 kooldude kooldude thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter
So just to state the obvious my name is mike and I'm usually the one running the online of aquascapeonline as per about a year now, not that this technically matters in this or any case per say.

I have been in the business of animals for about 10 years now and this of all things does not make me an expert. if kept, bred, and sold fish (obviously) kept, sold, and bred reptiles, and have done dog rescue and training as well. animals are my life and hobby and i am not here to F anyone looking to buy fish by any means, nor am i in the business of not rectifying an issue. No one is perfect and there is always a bad instance to happen with anyone. I can find loads of BS i could pull on any other companies but it just happens sometimes.

I am no Peacock bass expert, i like my stingrays, piranha, oddball fish and plants.
To start i have gotten peacock bass many times from this shipper and i haven't had an issue with the species being anything other than what was stated and as per the invoice But again i am usually getting peacock bass in at about 2.5"-3" obviously it isn't the easiest IDing baby fish, though some markings make it more obvious and apparent than others. I was told these little guys were Temensis, and given the fact everything else that has been sent in the past that at least ive been here for to see has been accurate.

In my experience with Chicla Temensis all fish get stressed out especially smaller baby fish. when ive seen Temensis get stressed out their solid bar fades and the show there bars, and obviously with fish this small their patterning in general (solid horizontal line, and vertical stripes) are not in yet fully. I've had this happen with 2.5 inchers when they came in they were stressed and did not show the full horizontal bar and they more of splotches than bars which made it look like spots, i was sure they were not Temensis and complained to Pedro about it and he told me to wait it out.. so as hard headed as i can be i did and long behold, the horizontal bar faded back in and vice versa for the three bars. and i can only imagine this is more of an IDing issue with smaller 1" fish like these babies.

As per my conclusion of all of this I am more than happy to give you a full refund if you'd like Mike, shipping and all, and i would like to know if you wouldn't mind if i shot you a text a little down the road when everyone gets a little bigger and more settled in to go over more clearly what these babies are for sure. I have also emailed my shipper, asking for river of origin, to find out some more info, and id be more than happy to share that with you when i get said information from them if you don't mind.

Hopefully we can get it all worked out. And like i said everyone has issues, and i am aware of passed issues that have occurred before my presence here at aquascape, and i have tried to rectify any and all issues i could find, along with the few that have occurred with me were. At least on my end i am in this as a hobby, as per i know aquascapeonline is a business but i try my best to take any standpoint that comes my way from the hobbyists/customers point of view .

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
And also regarding this issue these peacock bass will be labeled as "peacock bass" until i get further information on exact location to fully identify them.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 I hope you haven't found my participation in this thread undesirable or unpleasant to you or what not and I hope you've not given up on all this, bro. You have been MIA. Your call, of course.

Aquascape Mike is talking sense and displays good will. I must believe he strives for that any time, not only in public but in private interactions. But no one is perfect all the time, it'd be silly to expect, I agree.

If you get the refund and keep the fish and they turn out temensis or something even rarer, better, or more expensive, it'd be conscientious of you to refund the refund back to Mike. Again, not that this is any business of mine, just my thoughts, since you made this issue public...

I only hope to learn and help if I could.

My respect and best wishes to all the parties involved.

Let's hope that with Mike on board, the issues Aquascape had had before him will become the thing of the past.

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 I hope you haven't found my participation in this thread undesirable or unpleasant to you or what not and I hope you've not given up on all this, bro. You have been MIA. Your call, of course.

Aquascape Mike is talking sense and displays good will. I must believe he strives for that any time, not only in public but in private interactions. But no one is perfect all the time, it'd be silly to expect, I agree.

If you get the refund and keep the fish and they turn out temensis or something even rarer, better, or more expensive, it'd be conscientious of you to refund the refund back to Mike. Again, not that this is any business of mine, just my thoughts, since you made this issue public...

I only hope to learn and help if I could.

My respect and best wishes to all the parties involved.

Let's hope that with Mike on board, the issues Aquascape had had before him will become the thing of the past.
I appreciate the positive thoughts and open-mindedness.

Reactions: bassinmike85

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 i sent over that refund for you, if you can let me know you got it it would be appreciated, ill try to contact you by phone as well.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
bassinmike85 bassinmike85 i sent over that refund for you, if you can let me know you got it it would be appreciated, ill try to contact you by phone as well.
Class act......

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Thank You making it right. Might take a few days for it to process and appear in my bank account. Will def let you know when it does. Once again Thank You for making this right.

Mike

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Thank You making it right. Might take a few days for it to process and appear in my bank account. Will def let you know when it does. Once again Thank You for making this right.

Mike
You seriously have no need to thank me; i understand the predicament and circumstances, its understandable. just shoot me a call or whatever is easier for you when you get it and if its any consolation when i get the info from my shipper ill be more than happy to share that with you along with any outcome on my end about the bass. I hope what i posted made sense to you as well. But either way i'll talk to you soon

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Havent been MIA for any reasons, i said what i had to say and wanted to see how everything pans out. Past 8-10 years my experience has always been peacock bass for that time. Mike from aquascape had a good convo with me. Nothing bad towards him at all. Really chill dude and upforward. Temensis in general besides the solid line is also thier headshape and they are lengthy fish (longer body shape compare say to a mono or a kelberi). At the end of the day Aquascapeonline made it right. Have no bad feelings or nothing towards them. But i do highly suggest update pictures on your website and post current pictures of your stock when posting a stocklist. This way it wont happen again in the future. Again Thank You for making it right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store