NYC/Tri-State Meet And Greet At Ira's Part 2....Saturday, February 6th, 2010

FishPrincess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2009
NYC /Orlando FL
Okay boys pictures of the JD's as requested :)

they are in the tank with Posidon lol who im thinking is not quite a girl
note the pair is much bigger than my little guy- no fights but alot of group swimming among the three..lol

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Garmama;3866547; said:
Okay boys pictures of the JD's as requested :)

they are in the tank with Posidon lol who im thinking is not quite a girl
note the pair is much bigger than my little guy- no fights but alot of group swimming among the three..lol
Nice JD's!!!!

It looks as if u tried to do the same thing i did and thats mix sand with gravel. IDk about you but my attemp was a failed one!!!

FishPrincess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2009
NYC /Orlando FL
cichlid fiend;3866735; said:
Nice JD's!!!!

It looks as if u tried to do the same thing i did and thats mix sand with gravel. IDk about you but my attemp was a failed one!!!

lol it works for me .. but what happened with your "failed" attempt?

CaddyLac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2009
NYC
I had a nice time, big ups to Ira for being a great host! :cheers:

Everytime I go to Ira's it makes me wanna upgrade to a bigger tank so I can house his great fish.. ahh it never ends!

karl wagner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
Suzhou, PRC
by the time I next write I expect my new Amphilophus Sagittae pair to have spawned. They've built their nest(s)- a few locations are done. They've relegated 5 pounds worth of Oscars into 20 g of the tank with the other 190g of tank allocated for their "living space." It's always amusing to see smaller fish trying to spawn bullying fish literally more than twice their size. Looks like egg tube's descending.... can't be long now. Stay tuned. Or just show up at the next meeting for fry/growouts provided they stay out of the 20g Oscar occupied East bank.

FishPrincess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2009
NYC /Orlando FL
Congrats Karl on your expected fry. The JD's have made a home. their officially paired up and its now a wait and see...lol

Fishymike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
Northampton, MA
I drove from MA and visited Ira earlier in the day and picked up a pair of Pink Fenestratus, pair of Rio Sarstoon synspilum, and a pair of dovii. I had to drive back to MA to pick up a friend, drop off my fish at home and drive back to Manchester CT for the NECA meeting which hosted Ted Judy giving a talk on his trip to Cameroon. It was a good fish day, Ted gave a great talk, and I got some awesome fish from Ira (as usual). Thanks my friend for taking care of me, and I am really loving those Pink Fenestratus!
Here are some pics of Ira's fish:
bocourti
carpintes Vontehillo
hartwegi
bifasciatus
dovii
catemaco1
catemaco2
catemaco3
lyonsi
pearsei
Group Shot
Pink fenestratus at home

ira

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2009
Bronx NY
Pictures of some of the great raffle prizes, everyone had a great time. There will be a new meet in May details to follow. ALL MFK members are welcome to attend.
F0 gold flake Catemaco pair ( now spawning)

The last meet took place during a huge snow storm in the NE but what are the chances of that in May.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store