Nylons/pantyhose has filter bags?

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
OK, I have a ton of new nylons and panty hose that I'm never going to wear, do you think I could turn them into filter bags?

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Ha Ha Ha.:ROFL:

Nope, just plain old nylons. Fishnets wouldn't hold much media anyways!:grinno:

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
I recommend purchasing a filer sock-I just picked one up @ auction 18.00 to my door two 200 micron filters hose them down every few weeks If you PM me I can shoot you the web page.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Have you got a sump. Might not look that good stringing in the back of your tank...
They do make good couse to medium filters, just like any filter you have to watch they don't get clogged. I've made frames for them and put them in h.o.t. filters with great success (had to clean them every other day).

It's either that or get a really big centipede, but no then you'd have to get 50 pairs of high heels:ROFL:

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Used hose should be washed out in either plain hot water or hot water with aquarium-safe detergent (Safe & Easy or Seri-Clean) sold in some pet shops. This is to remove any traces of moisturizers, perfumes, cleansers, etc. Then, hang dry them or tumble dry without any dryer sheets/softeners.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store