OB peacock or Calico convict? Need ID please

Saphire76

Feeder Fish
Jan 28, 2017
Hi, I just started keeping Ciclids, I have only peacocks for the moment. Today I went to my local store and he had these beautiful fish for sale, they were only labeled as African cichlids. He only knows that the lady that dropped them off said they were peacocks. They look nothing like my peacocks. So I want to make sure I did not just toss in convicts with my peacocks. Anyone able to tell me what these are?

IMG_0053.JPG

Saphire76

Feeder Fish
Jan 28, 2017
Those look like some Beautful marbles convicts they have a lot of black marking good pick up
They are beautiful, but if they are convicts looks like I'll have to return them as I don't see it ending well for my peacocks in the tank. The larger one is already being very protective of the little one, it is chasing away all my other peacocks and they are all hiding now.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
They are beautiful, but if they are convicts looks like I'll have to return them as I don't see it ending well for my peacocks in the tank. The larger one is already being very protective of the little one, it is chasing away all my other peacocks and they are all hiding now.
I think it might be a pair and convict cichlids will breed in a mud puddle once they have eggs and fry they can be The nastiest little parents

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Nice. Been trying to get some nice ones like those from my pink and normal convict pair. I would see if you can sell them if you don't want them or set up a second tank to use the fry as feeders. The bottom one looks female to me. Not sure about the top.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I think it might be a pair and convict cichlids will breed in a mud puddle once they have eggs and fry they can be The nastiest little parents
Nice. Been trying to get some nice ones like those from my pink and normal convict pair. I would see if you can sell them if you don't want them or set up a second tank to use the fry as feeders. The bottom one looks female to me. Not sure about the top.
Definitely looks like a pair of Convicts judging by the slopes of the foreheads. Top is male, bottom is female and yes, I would hang on to them too. Usually Rift Lake species are too aggressive for a Convict but a pair will keep Mbuna and Haps at bay.

How big is the tank, S Saphire76 ? Can you take some FULL tank pictures and post them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store