Odd red spot.

Roech13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2021
It does not look like a physical injury. Even if it began as one (probably not) is is now an open ulcer with an additional secondary infection. Weekly water changes (>50%) are needed regularly. Those are better than an ocasional 90% water change. Should be reversible if conditions are improved. Good luck!
I plan to give this second dose its time to work then do a large change again, then give the tank the final dose to finish out the treatment. So Tuesday Ill clean out the tank again. I have been watching the water stats and aside from having hard water due to the water in my state. All of the stats have been well in optimum conditions. As I said the infection has either reduced or ruptured and is flowing out. Hopefully the Kanamycin is helping clear the infection up.

Roech13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2021
Further update. So today I did a 》50% water change as advised. Was about 75%ish. I did do the final dose of Kanamycin after the change just to be sure. But from what I can see when he will set still the infection seems to have cleared up. I will be keeping a close eye on him for any further issues. As he wont hold still I cant get pics. But thank you all for the help and insight.

Roech13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2021
Final update. The spot broke open and the Keynamyacin did grate. My albino bichir is doing good now. Thank you all.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store