Odd zebra pike question

BigBeardDaHuZi

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2020
As far as I'm aware, there is potential to be able to sex them via venting. The only reason I assumed they were a pair was that they were inseparable. They were constantly in physical contact and stuck by each other's sides. One is slightly more robust than the other though they're the same length. Total speculation though.

I haven't. Didn't even think about that. I'll test it today and see where it's at. Thanks for the suggestion.

No plans for any rescapes in the immediate future. I'd pulled out a ton of wood and replaced it with three large pieces. I primarily keep plecos and wants to be able to create a smaller footprint of the wood to help prevent the wast from getting trapped.

Hopefully they'll get back together. ?

Here they are before the break up.
View attachment 1464595
What a gorgeous tank! Fantastic

I bet that shot took a little time get though :)

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks, I appreciate it. I actually just took it one night while watching them. No waiting or planning involved.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
How did this pair of zebs work out in the end?

Sounds like my atabapo red pair I gave the female a couple of weeks in the sump got her feeding well and coloured up then reintroduced her with a couple of added open ended pipes and they love each other now! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store