Odoe pike with wolf fish? Help

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Okay trade you the pike
I believe the dorado he's selling are smaller, and if a wolf wants to catch something to eat it, it will, they're ambush predators. And it may work with the odoe, you'd have a better chance imo. My wolf was 8" when I first got it and the odoe was 6-7"

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I believe the dorado he's selling are smaller, and if a wolf wants to catch something to eat it, it will, they're ambush predators. And it may work with the odoe, you'd have a better chance imo. My wolf was 8" when I first got it and the odoe was 6-7"
Do you still have them? How did it work out?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yes they've been together for a little over a year now. They're both around a foot and putting on more girth than length now, the wolf is thicker, obviously. They fight here and there but that's about it. My tank is pretty chill. Tankmates are bichirs and a sun cat. I got the odoe at about 4" and got the wolf a month or 2 after. Every experience is different. Like HarleyK had the same set up though the size difference was a little different with his wolf having the advantage and his ate the odoe. You just have to try it. My wolf has eaten a lot of tankmates when I first got him and was fattening him up, but once he started taking massivore, he got real fat off it and from there he never touched another tankmate. He won't even eat live, I've tried to buy crustaceans, worms, small fish, he just doesn't eat it no more, however I'm sure if I starve him he'll take live again. But I only feed night crawlers for live now. Only thing my ornate will eat.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Its good to wean pets off live food - IMHO. Something I would do once mine all hit their average sizes. Market prawns, pellets and occasionally super worms will be my preference. :)

Perhaps if those are piranhas or Aimara then there is a kinda of thrill to see them hunt and eat live prey. Otherwise, it's healthier and more economical to go non live.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Its good to wean pets off live food - IMHO. Something I would do once mine all hit their average sizes. Market prawns, pellets and occasionally super worms will be my preference. :)

Perhaps if those are piranhas or Aimara then there is a kinda of thrill to see them hunt and eat live prey. Otherwise, it's healthier and more economical to go non live.
Agreed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store