Odoe Pikes making foam ...

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Nice, but why didn't you pull the couple larger ones out right away? You could have saved a bunch of fish.
Did you see my tank? Not set up like a hatchery.
There's no way I'd be able to catch the few large ones that hide in the weeds without completely taking apart my setup. Much easier to scoop the small ones off the surface after luring them with brine shrimp :-D

The smaller Odoe have now each enjoyed at least one juvenile Endler and are hanging out with fat bellies. Looks pretty funny. The 10 gal is on my drip system, I won't have to worry about water quality. We'll go from here. The Odoe left in my 220 gal are getting black worms and crushed pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
For anyone who might try to breed for quantitative yield, it might be advisable to isolate fry at the stage in post #37. As we now know, that's about the extent of parenting by odoe pikes.

My intent was to watch what happens in nature, and it's been quite interesting to see.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Putting on weight

mattyice572

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2015
New Jersey
That pretty awesome, ode pikes are really cool predators! My male Betts used to build bubble nests for breeding, I assume the does a similar behavior

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
For anyone who might try to breed for quantitative yield, it might be advisable to isolate fry at the stage in post #37. As we now know, that's about the extent of parenting by odoe pikes.

My intent was to watch what happens in nature, and it's been quite interesting to see.
In nature- big fish eats little fish but little fish have more than 6ft of water to get away. lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store