Official 2017/2018 NFL Discussion Thread

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Aaaand just about crickets... Don't be selfish guys, put down the ball,...and or remote. Complete boycott of NFL, Veterans Day weekend, no games, no teams, no players, no fans.
Hello; I have been considering such an action. I do not wish to punish the players who justly stood.
last year there was only one team involved at first so it was easy.

I might even get one of #78 on the Steelers Jerseys. (Alejandro Villanueva).

The report I heard was that there were eight players standing for each on a knee.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Aaaand just about crickets... Don't be selfish guys, put down the ball,...and or remote. Complete boycott of NFL, Veterans Day weekend, no games, no teams, no players, no fans.
It's gonna be interesting to see what kind kind of display the cowboys will exhibit before tonight's game against the Cards.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco

Actually, I'm done with the NFL. Was a steadfast fan for 50 years. Done.

I have a father, grandfather and father in law that actually were overseas and in combat in 5 wars (WW1, WW2 x 2, Korea, Vietnam) defending the rights of ignorant football players to make millions. To watch them now is like urinating on my relatives' graves.

I guess if you're someone who never had a relative or spouse in any wars, it's not so personal, so I get it. For me, the fact that the commissioner, owners and most of the players support this or tolerate this is well, well beyond the pale.

When laws or lawsuits come up to slam the NFL for concussions, to eliminate state and school sponsored football for people under 18, and to even remove financing for stadiums and university football programs, I will be supporting all those efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pleco and FMA4ME

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I have been considering such an action. I do not wish to punish the players who justly stood.
last year there was only one team involved at first so it was easy.

I might even get one of #78 on the Steelers Jerseys. (Alejandro Villanueva).

The report I heard was that there were eight players standing for each on a knee.
Actually, I'm done with the NFL. Was a steadfast fan for 50 years. Done.

I have a father, grandfather and father in law that actually were overseas and fought in 5 wars (WW1, WW2 x 2, Korea, Vietnam) defending the rights of ignorant football players to make millions. To watch them now is like urinating on my relatives' graves.

I guess if you're someone who never had a relative or spouse in any wars, it's not so personal, so I get it.

Hello; My father fought in WWII. I get your point. Can some way be found to avoid hurting the players who stood. By my calculations about 13% took a knee and 87% stood.

Maybe a letter or some other communication to the sponsors of the games???

Hello; something weird happened. Somehow my previous post was included with my newest post.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Hello; My father fought in WWII. I get your point. Can some way be found to avoid hurting the players who stood. By my calculations about 13% took a knee and 87% stood.

Maybe a letter or some other communication to the sponsors of the games???
I don't think so.

I think the number is 23%.
http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/about-100-protest-national-anthem-in-loud-nfl-statement/

And that doesn't included the dozens that didn't come out while it played which probably kicks it up to 33%.

Also, silence is support. If you are a grown physically fit man and watch a child being beaten, you don't get a free pass because you weren't doing it. Those players standing could have left the field and gone home. The games would not have been played. Had games literally been cancelled, that would have been the correct sign to send. If most players are disgusted by those anti American antics, then they have the ability to stop them instantly.

I would say most players are happy to make millions of dollars. They are happy that a million Americans died in wars so they could play. And respecting the 22 million veterans in this country is a foreign, almost incomprehensible idea.

And no sending a "protest" to the NFL (which attacks and fines players for being patriotic), but sings kumbaya with those that are anti-patriotic is imo worthless. The NFL has intentionally chosen a stance that is anti American. They have that right. I have decided to take an anti NFL stance and side with my family and the dead that made the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Last edited:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The NFL has intentionally chosen a stance that is anti American. They have that right. I have decided to take an anti NFL stance.
hello: I get your point also. I have been casting about for a way to show my disgust and still feel OK about watching the games. Guess I need to make a choice.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
hello: I get your point also. I have been casting about for a way to show my disgust and still feel OK about watching the games. Guess I need to make a choice.
Yea. I was fine last year when it was a handful. Every group has a few and we can't force people to be what we want. This weekend changed it all for me.

And it was really, this morning when I had let it sink in for about 24 hours.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Awesome Doc. This is going to be hard for some. Remember nobody is trying to take away anyone's freedom of speech or anything like that, these players can be activists on their own time, first they need to pay respect to flag that makes it even possible for them to be where they are. Think about their influence on young...

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I didn't mind the teams not coming out, I mean for years the teams weren't on the sidelines for the anthem. It's only a recent thing that the teams have been out for it. Rather not have them out there at all if some of them want to do what they are doing.

Which has nothing to do with what they a protesting. They aren't in front of a police station or protesting a police parade, which would be a direct tie to what they are protesting.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was and still am dead against these millionares not respecting our anthem. I do support trump but feel like he needs to keep his big mouth shut.

These guys wanna protest thats fine do it off the field or better yet go play football in some 3rd world country see how well they'll get paid there.

Im retired law enforcement and cannot understand how disrespecting our anthem is some sort of protest agains the "unjust system" i bet half these idiots dont understand what the song is about. Its not about slavery, police, law and order, or any other social hot button. Its about war. How our flag was still standing after the british bombed the crap out of us.

That being said trump should stop the damn tweeting and figure out how to get the reps to work with him, fix healthcare and the thousand other issues. I mean didnt he think for one second that this would now turn into a free speech thing !? Now he forced players that werent kneeling into a tough spot. Infact ive been watching all the games and this kneeling thIng was dying down. One or two jerks were still doinf it but now he galvanized this idiot movement

Reactions: Drstrangelove
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store