Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I did all that growing up. Still do the fishing. There's no shock value in any animal systematically being killed. The same way you described fascination about the goat's executioner....I'm shocked, surprised, fascinated all rolled up into one that grown men can execute another grown man who's not a threat to them without skipping a beat. I'll never go do it. I'm just drawn to how messed up it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
in Avatar, when the navi chick killed an animal with her arrow, she went to it and showed it respect, apologized and thanked it,.......

that's how I felt when I ate the pork. I had mad respect for the beast that was walking around like an hour before
Then you feel nothing like her then. she showed sympathy, you just thoughts it was cool but then you felt something over hurting a chicken that was being raised to be eaten in the first place? I'm surprised you cared at all.

I don't even see what the big deal is. I don't sit around the dinner table feeling guilty.. I'm not standing over a carcass crying and thinking what have I done. I hunted deer, elk and bear growing up. I spent a couple summers on a farm. I just don't like seeing life leave the body. I doubt your feelings are different just because you grew up around it. I did too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
it's not a big deal dude. i'm ok with what you're feeling brosef

I didn't know you grew up hunting and fishing so that's why I thought maybe that was a possibility. I did say "maybe" in my post you're referencing

I said I had mad respect for the pork. it's not guilt though.

I felt guilt for getting the chicken killed because it wasn't supposed to happen yet. but even then it was guilt for breaking it's shoulder. not for the actual killing of it

but why would you be surprised I care for the animals that I will eventually eat? if I raise chickens that will end up in my belly, it doesn't mean I don't care for them. I don't want them to have any unnecessary pain. I don't feel guilt for the necessary pain it goes through when it has to die to be eaten. but if I wasn't planning on eating it yet and I hurt it, then yea I feel bad that it had to be in pain

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Oh how I have missed this thread! How has everyone been?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Oh snap! Must be a blue moon out! :D I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been good! How about you, still have fish?

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Oh snap! Must be a blue moon out! :D I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been good! How about you, still have fish?
More fish than ever!
Been bussy breeding fish and expanding the fish tanks....and baby keeps me on my toes.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
I dont have many on my phone..here are just a few, we breed allot of small red listed c.a.r.e.s fish.

Super excited about a few new species, and my Axolotles should be breeding this year.

We also just reacued a belly crawler pike.

uploadfromtaptalk1424462354857.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424462419946.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424462475602.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424462605340.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424462751410.jpg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
zoomed.com