Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I dont have many on my phone..here are just a few, we breed allot of small red listed c.a.r.e.s fish.

Super excited about a few new species, and my Axolotles should be breeding this year.

We also just reacued a belly crawler pike.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wow you HAVE been busy!! +1 on the Discus!! I hope to get my first group of Discus in a few weeks. You ought to get some friends for yours, they like to be in groups. Can't believe how much the little one has grown! Wow!! :D

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
The discus are a pair in the 65..they beat the crud out of any other discus in the tank when breeding ..our other pair are in a 55...we were given a sick pair that we are trying to fight some major hole in head.
my newest project is a group of Microctenopoma ansorgii

And time has flown by.I can't believe he is 13 months allready.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Those Microctenopoma ansorgii are cool, are those the same as "paradise fish" I've had before??

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Those Microctenopoma ansorgii are cool, are those the same as "paradise fish" I've had before??
Nope..they are commonly called Ornate bushfish. they are related to leaf fish...kinda like an African betta.

Not my image but here is what they look like...tiny monsters
i breed betta simplex and betta albimarginata( avatar pic) both mouth brooders.

Microctenopoma_ansorgii.jpg

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Nope..they are commonly called Ornate bushfish. they are related to leaf fish...kinda like an African betta.

Not my image but here is what they look like...tiny monsters
i breed betta simplex and betta albimarginata( avatar pic) both mouth brooders.
Those are really cool. Like the Discus pair too, how long have you had the pair in that tank? I'm thinking about using lighter colors in my Discus bc I'm afraid of peppering, but yours look great.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Those are really cool. Like the Discus pair too, how long have you had the pair in that tank? I'm thinking about using lighter colors in my Discus bc I'm afraid of peppering, but yours look great.
I have had them anout 8 months..ahah got them free.
...as far as I know peppering is due to low quolity genetics not color of tank?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
No wonder LFS are going out of business. I was at one today and they wanted $48 for a rimless 5 gallon. I happened to drive to a petsmart from there and they wanted $27 for a complete setup for a rimmed 5 gallon(gravel,filter water conditioner... etc).

Too bad I'm not into repairing tanks though. They had a leaking 336 gallon tank for $250

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Free!! Awesome! Yeah definitely low quality fish are pepper prone, but I've seen it on high quality ones too. This is stuff I'm trying to learn about now. You ought to drop in more often, the Lounge doesn't change its # or adress lol :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store