Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Hello I have Direct TV. They send a flyer with the monthly bill. The bill that arrived in September had a flyer with all the August stuff. This happens pretty much each month.
I had 4 people tell me 4 different things about 4k when I asked about it. One of the 4 asked me what 4k was.........that was the biggest forehead slapper

Reactions: skjl47

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
What kind of bike? When I hear quad and bike mentioned together I think of dirtbikes. I grew up riding CR250s.
Probably an enduro so she can use it on off the trail.
I grew up riding a 1982 Honda xr 200, that thing was fun man and it ever got a little squirly you just let it go and hit the ground running. Worst whip outs I had was riding it in the winter. From there I bought a scrambler 500 which was fun. I was looking at the new scrambler 1000 which would be nice but expensive

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
They held races in the late 80s - early 90s in this state and neighing states that were almost entirely trails. There were different classes but almost everyone rode the 250 two-stroke bike. We'd cut the handle bars down because they were so wide on motocross bikes and add bark busters. I stopped riding a long tine though. There's no where to ride anymore!

Reactions: millerkid519

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Well I've had a hell of a week..

Saturday night we had to rush one of my cats to the vet (that was expensive!) because he hadn't passed any urine in over 24 hours and was in obvious discomfort/pain, so we rushed him in and they drained him, kept him overnight then gave us expensive food the next day that he refuses to eat (I don't blame him, its pork based) so that was stressful.

Then yesterday my doorbell rang and my mum was on my doorstep crying because she'd taken our family cat to the vet because she was losing heaps of weight even though she was still eating and drinking fine.
The vet diagnosed poor Witchy Poo with FIV, which is devastating because she hasn't been outside or even come into contact with ANY other cat for over five years meaning the virus has been dormant in her system for a while now.
If she doesn't put weight on in the next two weeks (mum was advised to feed her a good quality "older cat" canned food to try and help her put weight on) they're going to have to euthanize her. :( :( :( :( :( Witchy has been part of our family for almost ten years (I was 15 when mum got her) so I'm absolutely heart broken.

And that just about concludes the horrible week I've had. Although while I'm on the topic of cats, does anyone know what it is that makes the Hill's Prescription Diet so "special"? Rumpy refuses to eat it and I don't really like the idea of him eating it either (have you seen the ingredients list?!) because it seems like crap. Is there a better food that has the same "special" stuff in it, without the terrible ingredients?
Thanks in advance. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Pretty good ending to The Strain.
Gotham starts this Thursday.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Pretty good ending to The Strain.
Hello; Yes I watched the whole series. They timed it about right for me. Had the series gone for another season I would likely have dropped it.

I haven't decided if I will watch the new season of "Vikings" yet for example.

I stopped following "Gotham" last season for some reason. Not sure why. maybe something else in the same time slot.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I haven't decided if I will watch the new season of "Vikings" yet for example.
I was really into Vikings the first few seasons but most recently I have lost a little interest. I expected much more out of Rollo.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I expected much more out of Rollo.
Hello; Rollo ( at least the actor who plays him) has moved on to another TV series. I forget the title but it is based on the movie character in the film "Taken". Set in the earlier time when he was gaining his "particular set of skills". Not sure if that new series will continue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store