Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've been doing some farm work for the past week, particularly on a commercial piggery. I must say the amount of work and management going into porkchops is pretty high! :D

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Reactions: jaws7777

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Not the way I'd describe it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obamacare-court-ruling-20160512-snap-story.html

Trump stopped the payments because they were unconstitutional as determined by a federal court. obama had illegally been making payments; Trump simply stopped breaking the law.

Trump gave congress some time to work it out, but some portion of the congress "persisted" in refusing to talk. So, Trump refused to continue to break the law. More or less, that's what I want from every president.
Understood but judgement was on hold due to appeals. Trump and republican congress had a choice that they can continue with the way the bill was designed but chose not to because they fundamentally disagree with it and want it dead. I’m all about looking forward and think the law needs lots of fixing which they don’t seem up to the task. All I will say is that they better figure something out because I’m not sure I want to be in a single payer system that democrats want to push us to.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Don't get me started on my "if you want to keep it you can" insurance. I went from $250/month to $400 to $575 with $30 deduct with $250 hosp admin. To an hsa of $630/month $3k deduct with a 80/20 split thanks a lot bleeding hearts.
Obamacare caused our insurance to go from about $400 to $700

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Obamacare caused our insurance to go from about $400 to $700
It did similar favors for my retired and living on a very fixed income mother too.
I know ive said this before but i cant believe its just status quo. Nothing changed and it doesnt look like it will any time soon. We just keep on going eating the crap that we are given but in the meant time we watch cities burn and countless riots of perceived social injustice

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Let's not forget the hundreds of millions that the health insurance companies paid to make sure that the clause that would have prevented premiums from increasing and those in congress that accepted the money to make sure of it.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Understood but judgement was on hold due to appeals. Trump and republican congress had a choice that they can continue with the way the bill was designed but chose not to because they fundamentally disagree with it and want it dead.
I'm sorry if I misunderstand you. This is just my opinion and I'm no lawyer. I have no special insight & no secret connections. I read the decision months ago.

What Trump did was to "continue with the way the bill was designed." It was obama who ignored the bill and did exactly what the bill did not allow him to do.

The bill was intentionally designed with no funding by congress to pay the insurance companies. There wasn't going to be funding for it or if so, only when they wanted. It was intentional. And the constitution reserves all funding to Congress.

This to me has been the key part: unfunded projects can't be independently funded by the President by circumventing Congress and having the Treasury print money and give it to people. That's completely unconstitutional. It overrides one of the most important safeguards the people (congressional representatives) have from a president who wants to run the country on his own. No president who respected the constitution would do that for something so completely unimportant as insurance company profits.

Maybe, just maybe, that's why it hasn't made it the Supreme Court from the last court decision that was made 16 months ago, while other disputes from this year are being fast tracked. It's as if people know what the court will rule and they just don't want to hear it. My suspicion is it will be another 9-0 decision against our ex.

Last edited:
Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store