Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I do not pretend to know the statistics, but I am not sure arming teachers will make things safer either. My point before was that an unqualified person with a gun is worse then no gun. If the choice is do something that makes people feel good but changes nothing, or to create a situation that may be more dangerous and is definitely more expensive than the previous one, I would choose the first.

Yes, that could work. You do have to remember that such training would be expensive, time consuming, and that the people you are training (the teachers) may not want the guns, which will make teaching them much harder.
Hello? You are expecting Californians to be sane?
Oh no i mean make it mandatory to have training to obtain a weapon. I'm not as confident arming teachers is the answer. I think there has to be allot more than one or two things to seriously fix this problem. Too much politicizing. Too much entrenched idiotic ideologies.

I'm with pops pops allot of this also has to do with how our kids are brought up. Look at these little monsters that are behind these shootings. Low self esteem, no confidence, mental issues, lack of parenting the list goes on and on I feel like kids are being conditioned to be weak. There's a level of confidence boosting that goes with confronting a bully. Weather it be verballly or a quick slap in the mouth. Today everything is tell, tell, tell the frustration mounts and now a kids with no confidence who lacks the understanding if consequences goes to the extreme of buying a gun or stealing there's parents weapon because in the end its a no brainier take little bravery to pull a gun out and no fear of "losing" the fight.

My Grammer school principal would tell us if she dealt with our bullies it would never stop. But if we dealt with them it would end allmost instantly.... Black eyes heal faster than wounded pride

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I do not pretend to know the statistics, but I am not sure arming teachers will make things safer either. My point before was that an unqualified person with a gun is worse then no gun. If the choice is do something that makes people feel good but changes nothing, or to create a situation that may be more dangerous and is definitely more expensive than the previous one, I would choose the first.

Yes, that could work. You do have to remember that such training would be expensive, time consuming, and that the people you are training (the teachers) may not want the guns, which will make teaching them much harder.
I haven't ever expected Californians to be sane(that's a lost cause man),
As for being a tad expensive sure it would be the expense could be about 25 dollars each,which I think is worth it to save lives,as for teachers who won't protect their students,well maybe if they won't be responsible than they shouldn't be teaching.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016

As for being a tad expensive sure it would be the expense could be about 25 dollars each,which I think is worth it to save lives,as for teachers who won't protect their students,well maybe if they won't be responsible than they shouldn't be teaching.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Oh no i mean make it mandatory to have training to obtain a weapon. I'm not as confident arming teachers is the answer. I think there has to be allot more than one or two things to seriously fix this problem. Too much politicizing. Too much entrenched idiotic ideologies.

I'm with pops pops allot of this also has to do with how our kids are brought up. Look at these little monsters that are behind these shootings. Low self esteem, no confidence, mental issues, lack of parenting the list goes on and on I feel like kids are being conditioned to be weak. There's a level of confidence boosting that goes with confronting a bully. Weather it be verballly or a quick slap in the mouth. Today everything is tell, tell, tell the frustration mounts and now a kids with no confidence who lacks the understanding if consequences goes to the extreme of buying a gun or stealing there's parents weapon because in the end its a no brainier take little bravery to pull a gun out and no fear of "losing" the fight.

My Grammer school principal would tell us if she dealt with our bullies it would never stop. But if we dealt with them it would end allmost instantly.... Black eyes heal faster than wounded pride
She'd be fired for talking like that these days. Its a shame
So true, having a weapon and weapon training should be mandatory, that way you have the opportunity to decide to use or not use it.
We also need to get rid of the "no tolerance towards fighting policies" which really just encourages people to be victims.
(It gets pretty ridiculous,for example you would get in trouble if you punched someone to stop them from stabbing you)

Reactions: jaws7777

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
you want to stop mass school shooting, let me knock my kid on his ass when he needs it.
let me enforce no by what ever means I deem necessary. sorry my 16 year old does not need a pill, he needs an ass whoopen by his dad.
Aren't there studies showing that physically disciplined kids are more aggressive and prone to "solving' their problems through violence?

You do know that even the police have no legal obligation to protect someone from harm? And I doubt a lot of teachers could afford a gun and training for it on their salary.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
my dad knocked me on my arse when i needed it, I was a respectful young man then and respectful man now for it. be respectful and there are no issues.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
We had a party over the weekend. Probably 15 kids show up. Mostly boys. Eventually they start fighting. The only 2 kids that were hitting were the two raised in this liberal no aggression low violence atmosphere where they are basically sheltered from anything deemed aggrssive something called swedish parenting method or some hippy crap. Not allowed to play with toy guns and what not. 4 yr old hit my son who much bigger and almost 8. My son didn't hit him back because he was double his size.

Studies don't always emulate reality

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
not sure thats true but (shrug) on an off thread glad to see the NFL get back to a catch inline with what a fumble is when down by contact. basically when you hit the ground the play is over, your are down. the ground can not cause a fumble and can not cause a incomplete pass because at that point you are down, play over, as it should be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store