Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Pull your head out, weren't we talking about ILLEGAL immigration? Now you think you're going to school us on legal immigration? ...yeah...
Hello; Yes somehow the ILLEGAL part of what is going on gets shoved aside. I figure it is a tactic. In fact this tactic has been somewhat successful. We should call the ones who sneak in illegal aliens. The fact that I myself sometimes use the term "immigrant" is evidence of this tactics partial success.
Folks who sneak in or who abuse the terms of a visa are criminals. There are ways for non citizens to apply to get into the country legally.

A bit about the current engineered uproar over the treatment of children entering the country ILLEGALLY. What would take place if some adult took a child (his own or a borrowed one) in with him to rob a bank. Of course the child will not be charged in the crime but the adult will be. I get that illegal entry into a country is a different crime than bank robbery, but still a crime. The adult who dragged a child into the country illegally should get the criticism for the child being separated, not the border agents or the ICE agents.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hello; Yes somehow the ILLEGAL part of what is going on gets shoved aside. I figure it is a tactic. In fact this tactic has been somewhat successful. We should call the ones who sneak in illegal aliens. The fact that I myself sometimes use the term "immigrant" is evidence of this tactics partial success.
Folks who sneak in or who abuse the terms of a visa are criminals. There are ways for non citizens to apply to get into the country legally.

A bit about the current engineered uproar over the treatment of children entering the country ILLEGALLY. What would take place if some adult took a child (his own or a borrowed one) in with him to rob a bank. Of course the child will not be charged in the crime but the adult will be. I get that illegal entry into a country is a different crime than bank robbery, but still a crime. The adult who dragged a child into the country illegally should get the criticism for the child being separated, not the border agents or the ICE agents.
Lol, engineered uproar. That's what it is alright.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
we already vet potential immigrants very well
talking about ILLEGAL immigration?
Vetting ?
Hello; At the risk of beating a dead horse again let me say the problem is about ILLEGAL ALIENS, not about those using legal methods of getting into a country.

The illegal aliens are not vetted at all because they are sneaking in (Or at least trying to). I get that some on the other side of the issue than myself want the sneak thieves to be treated just like the proper legal immigrants.

On another point, that of theft of services. No matter how this all plays out we taxpayers are footing the bills for all this border fiasco. We pay for the various court proceedings. For the housing and feeding of people who should not be here in the first place and likely other stuff.
Many that do manage to sneak in and are not caught (or get turned lose by the "catch and release" policy of the past) have an added cost to our society. Not just in social services only.

I believe I was watching Washington Journal on C-Span a few years ago when there was an episode about illegal aliens. Best as I can recall the benefits to society from various taxes and such the aliens pay amounted to say around $24,000. However the costs were estimated to be around $34,000 when all taxpayer financed services get added up. This leaving a net deficit of around $10,000 on average per alien. First I get that these are ball park figures but the guy seemed to have the information to back his talk up. I guess we might also add to the cost the expense of unemployment of citizens who lose work or jobs.
Maybe with a good border wall or other method of securing the border we could save a lot of these expenses. I get that the border wall will have a big up front cost but very likely will pay off in the long term.

Throw on top of all this the costs of actual damage to individual citizens when hurt or killed by someone in the country illegally. Some times a traffic accident with an alien involved. Sometimes a drunk driver alien. Sometimes a murder by an alien who picks up a gun that "just went off". Sometimes gang related stuff. The point being none of these things would have happened if the alien in particular was not here in the first place and we had a secure border. One is more than enough but there are much more than one as the count keeps rising.

The argument that illegal aliens do not commit crimes at as high a rate as regular citizens holds no sway for me. I do not get into bar fights because I do not go into bars sort of thing. In among all those "good" aliens are some bad ones. Better to keep out all who try sneak in both the good ones and the bad ones. Let the good ones be "vetted" and get in the legal way.

And I am going to stop without comments on potential terrorist coming thru a porous border. Enough for one session. Probably just fed the troll anyway.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; At the risk of beating a dead horse again let me say the problem is about ILLEGAL ALIENS, not about those using legal methods of getting into a country.

The illegal aliens are not vetted at all because they are sneaking in (Or at least trying to). I get that some on the other side of the issue than myself want the sneak thieves to be treated just like the proper legal immigrants.

On another point, that of theft of services. No matter how this all plays out we taxpayers are footing the bills for all this border fiasco. We pay for the various court proceedings. For the housing and feeding of people who should not be here in the first place and likely other stuff.
Many that do manage to sneak in and are not caught (or get turned lose by the "catch and release" policy of the past) have an added cost to our society. Not just in social services only.

I believe I was watching Washington Journal on C-Span a few years ago when there was an episode about illegal aliens. Best as I can recall the benefits to society from various taxes and such the aliens pay amounted to say around $24,000. However the costs were estimated to be around $34,000 when all taxpayer financed services get added up. This leaving a net deficit of around $10,000 on average per alien. First I get that these are ball park figures but the guy seemed to have the information to back his talk up. I guess we might also add to the cost the expense of unemployment of citizens who lose work or jobs.
Maybe with a good border wall or other method of securing the border we could save a lot of these expenses. I get that the border wall will have a big up front cost but very likely will pay off in the long term.

Throw on top of all this the costs of actual damage to individual citizens when hurt or killed by someone in the country illegally. Some times a traffic accident with an alien involved. Sometimes a drunk driver alien. Sometimes a murder by an alien who picks up a gun that "just went off". Sometimes gang related stuff. The point being none of these things would have happened if the alien in particular was not here in the first place and we had a secure border. One is more than enough but there are much more than one as the count keeps rising.

The argument that illegal aliens do not commit crimes at as high a rate as regular citizens holds no sway for me. I do not get into bar fights because I do not go into bars sort of thing. In among all those "good" aliens are some bad ones. Better to keep out all who try sneak in both the good ones and the bad ones. Let the good ones be "vetted" and get in the legal way.

And I am going to stop without comments on potential terrorist coming thru a porous border. Enough for one session. Probably just fed the troll anyway.

I didn't read all of that but legal immigration is also an issue for me. I'm from a family of immigrants. My grandparents had to learn the language and had to be inoculated. This to the best of my understanding does not happen today

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Public schools are now teaching English language classes because of the number of students that do not soak the language. This is a waste of time for the children that do. Should have been a requirement on the parents or grandparents to learn this when the got here.

How many times do you get the option to hit 1 for English and 2 for Spanish ?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Public schools are now teaching English language classes because of the number of students that do not soak the language. This is a waste of time for the children that do. Should have been a requirement on the parents or grandparents to learn this when the got here.

How many times do you get the option to hit 1 for English and 2 for Spanish ?
I'm not sure about other areas,but some schools here have "English as a second language" classes.Last I heard,there is no official language in this country.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store